• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. S

Squad What the Realism Community does after the pubs close...

Quicktime is for people who need 4 people to kill a single unarmed Soviet. :P
  2. S

The ultimate key to teamwork in RO

Well, I think understanding the maps helps a lot too. RO tends to have some pretty confusing maps, and it's easy to end up with a large portion of your team trying to cap an uncappable position.
  3. S

Ive Figured It Out

Define "runs like crap"? "runs like crap" = constant low fps OR "runs like crap" = 90% of the time okay fps, but bad skipping every once and a while that messes you up. I think RAM is your problem. The custom maps generally have less objects, and things your computer has to load into...
  4. S

Will i have low fps

The 98 MB (shared?) video card, and 512 MB of ram is going to be a problem. So yes you will have low FPS, and you will get skipping. RO doesn't require a whole lot to run well. If you just bought a mid-low end video card for 60-80 bucks, and then got ~ 512 MB of ram it would run great.
  5. S

Tactics M38 vs. MN30/91 vs. M44

Is the only difference between the M44 and the M38 the bayonett? No difference in accuracy or handling?
  6. S

Transparent Squares ?

Yea, I get this too. I don't get it consistently, just off and on. But, it doesn't really bother me, so I really just don't care. I have a Radeon 9600, so maybe it's an ATI thing
  7. S

Tactics M38 vs. MN30/91 vs. M44

I'm a fan of the bolt action rifles but I'm not sure which one to pick. I've read the descriptions in game, and this is what I see: M38: Shorter, easier to handle, no bayonett, less accurate. MN30/91: Standard rifle, attachable bayonett, best accuracy w/o bayo M44: Affixed bayonett, less...
  8. S

Final Attempt at Making RO Playable

Yes, that's normal depending on what happens on the screen it will change dramatically. And it updates pretty fast too. From the system specs you've given us RO should be running fine. I have a P4 2.4 Ghz, Radeon 9600, and 1.3GB RAM, which is simmilar to yours, and I expierence no...
  9. S

Sniper Score fps lag issues

Yes, I get this too. Maybe the Radeon cards?
  10. S

Tactics [Quasi-Poll] Where Would You Hit an IS-2?

I like this idea, I'd like to see simmilar posts for other tanks. Picture 1: 1, allthough 3 might be better, 1 would be easier to hit Picture 2: Somewhere between 2 and 4 just because I'm too lazy to manuver, and would probably get killed while doing so Picture 3: 3 Picture 4: Somewhere...
  11. S

Just my opinion

For me there are plenty of servers, just nobody playing in them.There's always one or two servers with good ping and a lot of people, so I'm happy. But, I feel bad for those ~100 other servers with nobody on them.
  12. S

Comm. Mic

Yea just get the cheapest one you can find. Personally, I'd avoid headsets they always seem to break on me, even top of the line ones
  13. S

Clown Cars = tiny little tanks

IMO The best way to fix the clown cars is to make the Wheels vulnerable to Small-Arms fire.
  14. S

Picking Classes

I HIGHLY suggest getting more RAM. I recently upgraded from 512MB to 1.2GB, and I noticed a marked improvement. With 512 I could barely run the game at minimum settings, with 1.2Gb, I can run the game at full settings (minus HDR) with no lag at all. Oh yea, I get the STG all the time now too ;)
  15. S

New to the community? Introduce yourself!

Yo, I'm Steve. Sometimes you'll see me playing as Sniper_Steve, or Greenspan, or just Steve. I used to play a lot of DoD but after Sauce I went looking for another game. I've been playing RO:OST since they released it on steam, but I just recently upgraded my computer and am just starting to...