• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The ultimate key to teamwork in RO

I remember one time a bunch of people were using VOIP to coordinate (tanks possibly? I don't remember) teamwork with the team and a few of the non-VOIPers bit back with "stop spamming voip" or "how do I turn voice off." All of the people talking had normal sounding and volume voices, nothing unpleasant and no unnecessary stuff.

I mean seriously...go play a singleplayer game. :mad:

Upvote 0
I try to use team chat but it usually ends up getting me killed, pausing to type, and people don't always pay attention to it. I would really like to use voip but I don't have a mic at this point.

I also wanted to add that sometimes I just can't hear what people are saying with voip and I know there is a config setting to dampen game volume when voip is in use but I can't bear the thought of that detraction from the game.

Upvote 0
Yesterday on Kakasus as a German we needed only the Courtyard and had five minutes to do so. So I say "Get up into that courtyard, there's no reason to stay back and shoot the Russians as they come becasue then there's nobody in the Courtyard!!!!" and after that, two other guys started using VOIP. Guess you just have to identify yourself as someone with a mic and others will join in.

Upvote 0
Sorry for the excessive posting but I wanted to seperate what I was saying.
Anyway, somebody suggested having name prefixes that signify willingness to play cooperatively for tank roles. I'd like to see this for infantry roles, like having [coop] in front of your name or even role specific like [shutze coop] .

Upvote 0
EvilAmericanMan said:
Yesterday on Kakasus as a German we needed only the Courtyard and had five minutes to do so. So I say "Get up into that courtyard, there's no reason to stay back and shoot the Russians as they come becasue then there's nobody in the Courtyard!!!!" and after that, two other guys started using VOIP. Guess you just have to identify yourself as someone with a mic and others will join in.

yea i've noticed that too, if someone even speaks once over voip, 3 or 4 other people will start to use it after that.

Upvote 0
Nimsky said:
Start the teamwork YOURSELF by using the following:

1.) Team chat
2.) Vehicle chat
3.) VOIP

It's really that simple!
Yeah I basically operate with certain principles and tactics so constantly talking is not my thing. Basically if you have good players who are aware of what's happening around them and know how to use the overhead map and pay attention to messages they will respond well. I listen to the VOIP though so just cause I ain't talkin doesn't mean I ain't listenin'. I use team & vehicle chat when needed. I also personally don't like the idea of being able to inform and talk magically with all you teamates no matter how far away, kinda detracts from the reality of ww2 combat for me. If it were to be correct only German tank crews would have that ability (oh imagine the whine from the Soviet tankers and infantry of both sides). As an example me and another player on Orel today were wreaking havok on the Soviets with a Panzer 3....yes you read it right. We hardly needed to communicate because I was driving and we both had our eyes peeled the whole time so he was right on it with no hesitation. Eventually we were overwhelmed as it was hard to dodge multiple tank rounds all comming at us but not before we dealt serious pain and destruction.

Upvote 0
Story time! I was playing Odessa as Russians. We were trying to take the tower. On VOIP, I announced that any player with anything other than a sniper or mg was to bum rush the tower at the two minute mark. Two minutes came back, and we just rushed it. 10 seconds left, and we won. I find that if one person uses VOIP, two will back him up, then everyone listens. One guy even rallied three huddled riflemen and sure enough, they moved up!

Upvote 0