• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. R

What scenario do YOU want for Red Orchestra 3 ?

No it would not have to be an espionage game, i was just pointing out that your argument sucks. Guess what this isn't a resistance game either. But lets take the name as literally as possible. How about a scenario where we all fight in the Tchaikovsky Concert Hall, and our weapons are flutes...
  2. R

RO2 MG42 needs a nerf

Since Jon Basilone isn't enough, how about Tony Stein. Medal of Honor recipient who fought on Iwo Jima. He wielded 'Stinger," a m1919 that he personally modified and used to assault several pillboxes. I observe all the facts, you pick and choose yours.
  3. R

What scenario do YOU want for Red Orchestra 3 ?

Red Orchestra: a term used by the Gestapo for anti-Nazi/pro-Soviet espionage rings in Western Europe, as well as for a politically independent resistance group that fought the Nazis from within Berlin during World War II ****, we have to change the whole game from a shooter to an espionage game.
  4. R

RO2 MG42 needs a nerf

Most of your arguments discount reality. To assume that any combat situation is, "as it's meant to be," is beyond delusional. You also wont be able to meet the soldier who threw away his MG and reached for his sidearm, cause he's dead.
  5. R

RS Just How Strong is Banzai?

As mrsirr stated this does tend to happen and is indicated by having a yellow skull indicator. AFAIK this only happens when getting hit with the Thompson or Carbine. Larger calibers will kill you.
  6. R

Should only the player with the fastest PC get SL, Mg, Sniper? NO - A Solution!

While i can certainly feel sorry for anyone who has a slow computer (I've been there), who cant play with the weapon they want. But I gotta say, this is free-market capitalism. I spent the money on my computer and I like enjoying the perks. Call me an asshole, but its the truth. I know I'm not...
  7. R

RO2 G41(W) vs SVT-40

In-game, the SVT-40's magazine reload is the only thing that actually makes a difference. Personally though i cant hit crap with it for some reason, and i don't have this problem with any other rifle in-game, so I'm a G41 guy myself.
  8. R

RO2 Switch small-volumed weapons during sprint

Here's what i want you to do. Get yourself two fanny-packs, or any two belt worn pouches that you have. Put one on each hip and get three items, then try to switch things between the pouches and your hands, while your sprinting. Then imagine that your have another 40lbs of gear on, and someone...
  9. R

Carbine?

I cant say one way or the other about using it as an American. I can say that the Carbine is very effective as the Japanese. I play mostly light mortar, so usually I'm stuck with a bolt-action, getting the Carbine makes you way more effective at close and mid-range. While only being slightly...
  10. R

Does anyone here actually prefer RO2 tanking to RO?

They do not in fact explode inside the tank. High-explosive anti-tank warheads (HEAT for short) were developed during WWII and made from an explosive shaped charged that used the Monroe effect to penetrate armor. The explosion actually happens outside the tank. Very few tanks in reality...
  11. R

RO2 add experience for tank and vehicle

Even if this were true (it isn't), he's talking about the level of the actual tank not the class which is invisible unless there is some sort of cosmetic effect.
  12. R

melee system desperatly needs an update

If you hold the melee button and charge it, your character already does a lung attack, if you hit someone in the chest with one of these they're dead. The dashing idea goes back to auto-knifing, which is a skill breaking idea.
  13. R

RO2 OT-34 and Panzer 4 F1

I think these two are a great idea, especially faced off against each other. A asymmetrical contest where the OT-34 has better anti infantry capability and the Panzer-f1 has to get close enough to actually take out the other. Both would require some serious infantry support and i think that is...
  14. R

RO2 T 50 for soviet

From Wikipedia Only 69 tanks completed, this would be 1000 times worse than adding the mkb 42. They should just add the T70 which had the same same gun, more armor, and was produced in numbers great enough to be seen on all fronts.
  15. R

So you want absolutely nothing except on the class select menu you want it to say lvl 50 next to your tank? That seems utterly pointless. I could agree with Hetzer's call for cosmetics and no upgrades, but what your asking for is a waste of time.
  16. R

what a stupid idea.

I can sympathize for you but that's it (only if your telling the truth). Unfortunately for you most legitimate players don't even remotely trust or have any pity for anyone who has a VAC ban on their account. Since this is a server setting TW can not be directly blamed. You'd have to convince...
  17. R

melee system desperatly needs an update

Cod:waw came out in 2008. RO: Ostfront came out in 2006. Please do a little research before you make comments. Real melee combat isn't fluent. Unless the target is totally unaware its not gonna be just "walk up, stab, move on." If bayonets are so effective then why did veterans prefer their...
  18. R

As it is now, an experienced tanker can destroy an inexperienced one. Adding lvls and progression would be awesome but all the buffs would overpower them beyond scale. I've thought about this before, but it would unbalance the game too much.
  19. R

RO2 Crewmovement in tank..

This has never happened to me, but Ive seen it happen to other people, makes knocking out enemy tanks less fun when they pop their heads out unintentionally and i shoot them.