• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. I

Fallout 3....

While I totally understand where you are coming from, but at least the trailer demonstrates that bethesda is able and willing to at least give homage to the original flavor of Fallout. Of course I expect changes, but only time will tell if the final package remains true.
  2. I

ghost recon advanced warfighter two(pc) demo thursday.

Holy hell that looks like all seven shades of sellout-hollywood lameness. The trailer is a freaking MTV music video without the synchronized break-dancing (at least, not yet). And I never understood what the hell is so great about the over-the-shoulder perspective, even if its "optional". Oh...
  3. I

Fallout 3....

I see what your saying but you have to admit that if you just happened across that bus in game midst the rest of the game world I dont think that you would be disappointed at all in its level of detail. Sure, for a trailer, maybe they should have stepped it up a little bit. Especially...
  4. I

Fallout 3....

I understand where you are comming from but I dont think that you can really expect too many people to follow your purist mantra to the degree you are arguing. Hell, some purists even say that if the setting isnt in Southern Cali then its not a true sequel. Sure, if devs want to use an...
  5. I

Fallout 3....

LOTR C&C Golden Eye Sims BF - (its hard to believe they can keep getting worse) SS3 (prediction, and Ill bet anyone decimals to dollars that SS3 will be the cult let-down of the decade.) EA is in the business of buing games TO ruin them. That is how they make money.
  6. I

Fallout 3....

Im actually playing F2 now becasue I bought it way back but never played it. Personally, seems that bethesda is trying for the most-epic-game-in-forever feel again like they did with oblivion. This is especially evident in the new homepage music (which they are getting a bit of guff for). And...
  7. I

Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures for ArmA and Other Realistic Games

Argh! My PC wont cut it. Nice vid. btw, can you not hop over fences? Youd think that they'd have done away with such useless limitations.
  8. I

New System, need your opinions

Somebody might have mentioned this but you do know that you cant run DX10 on XP, right? I believe that 8800 is a DX10 capable card so It would **** if you had to run it in DX9. Not that there will be a whole hellofalota DX10 games out anytime soon (event he current vids of FC are DX9), just...
  9. I

Video of the A-10 (and more) in Armed Assault's US release

Wow. That is totally impressive. How did yopu manage that handheld cam effect? Im sure it was post-capture but it doesnt look like the resolution decreases when you zoom in. Maybe it was a combo. Eitherway TW would do well in recruiting you to make a trailer or ten. PS: If thats you in...
  10. I

Level Design Black Day July - Dead Horse Edition: Ideas?

Name the tree clusters on the map. Its simple an will go a long way in helping people discribe where things are. Ive notice people really struggle relating locations on the map to fellow players. And when they do try, descriptions often involve this or that bunch of trees. The coordinate...
  11. I

Situational Awareness Map View

Say NO to magical satellite radar vision!!
  12. I

Level Design tHE rOAD TO OREL FINAL MAP THREAD BY THE AUTHOR

Ive only played it in practice but here's what I think. I really like the new spawn system. It makes sense to spawn closer at first. This might not seem 'Orelesk' but the current spawns do not lead to any tactical limitations as there werent any enemy encounters until way past the villages...
  13. I

BETA: Smoke Grenade Pickup mutator (map use only)

I like the idea of reducing the number of smoke nades but I also like giving them to commanders. I think a better option would be to have the smoke rations have a replenishing time. That is, if a commander used a smokes, they wouldnt spawn again with smokes for 2-4 minutes. Just a suggestion.
  14. I

Darkest Hour: Normandy 1944 Update:Player model

Is that real self-shadowing I see, or just the texture? If its real, how come RO doesnt?
  15. I

HELP WANTED. Competative salary. Great benefits. Apply inside!

Laugh all you want but im serious. Although Im sure that you would fall uder the category of "overquallified" for this position. I really just need some basic questions answered and maybe some specific things to get me through some sticky parts. Then again, maybe your wife (gf) has you on a...
  16. I

Help w/ mutator

Just click HERE to upload the uScript_001 program to your cyber brain. Make sure you barrier programs have cleared port 64901 for reception of Angel_0A encryption, or your cerebral ports will get a nasty burn. Oh, and ghost hacking the bioservers is strickly prohibited.
  17. I

HELP WANTED. Competative salary. Great benefits. Apply inside!

Okay. So Im not a mega-corporation looking for ubertalented software engineers. But I am someone with not a lot of time on his hands that is willing to pay $ for a personal Uscript/RO tutor. Ive been doing the tutorial/board thing for about 6 months and it just takes me too long to sift...
  18. I

[Defence Alliance 2] - Beta 1.6 release date

If someone is planning on playing today let me know. That is, if there is a server up. Maybe Bone will put is bot server back up. *nudge*
  19. I

Level Design tHE rOAD TO OREL FINAL MAP THREAD BY THE AUTHOR

I totally understand your desire to include the bridges as a tactical advantage from the get go but having the spawns so far apart seriously undermines it. The action is just too far away to make much of a difference which bridge you take. Only when the action is close to home do bridges...
  20. I

Final Release Defence Alliance 2 Beta 1.6

Unfortunately I do not see any servers anymore. So many peple say they love the mod but I hardly ever see anyone play. Its a shame. I had a blast the two times I was actually able to get a game going.