• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Private Who?

Chosen by server - What does it mean?

^^ That's how it's SUPPOSED to work. The last time it happened to me, I was playing German on Gumrak Station with an Mkb42. I was in a cap zone, doing my job, then I got "promoted". Well crap, I figured OK maybe I'll just trade in this Mkb for my preferred G41...even though I was in the cap...
  2. Private Who?

So now that RS has been out for a while, what do you think of the merge?

I agree that a merged game was the only sensible approach, and Tripwire has done a very good job of merging the two games to everyone's benefit. That said, and while conceding that RS is excellent in its own right, I still prefer the Eastern front. The only thing I would change is the way that...
  3. Private Who?

What We Are Up To - Killing Bugs

Wow that's a killer list of stuff! Just what we expect from Tripwire so THANK YOU very much! Can't wait to play the new stuff!
  4. Private Who?

Speedhack detected ruining the game for many

old news. get over it, minor annoyance in the grand scheme of things. yes we'd like it to be fixed, but it does not completely ruin the game.
  5. Private Who?

Bolt Action event

Man I can remember a whole bunch of really good times playing on the AKA Bolts Only server with the Thriller Knights and the <AKA> crew. Good times. Playing Bolts Only is a great way to ween yourself off of autos and semi-autos. RO remains a game where, if you can be proficient with a bolt...
  6. Private Who?

Winterwald ...

I think it's a killer map. It's like the best of Snowy Forest and Tula Outskirts, but then more of and better than both.
  7. Private Who?

New Stalingrad book coming out in May

I have a history degree. We call those 'primary sources' and if those are not your main source of information, good luck getting published. Unless of course your name is Shelby Foote.
  8. Private Who?

ported or updated maps

Well excuse me then. If that's really true why aren't all HoS maps the size of Mamayev at a minimum. That's why the new Rakowice is such a great map now. It's Rakowice, but not just a full on copy of the old one. It's expanded, made more for HoS. And there's no clown cars. Same way with...
  9. Private Who?

ported or updated maps

So far I see we've got several maps either existing or coming in from Ostfront versions in one way or another. Apartments is Danzig-ish. It's OK with 40 or less. Here recently we've gotten from Tripwire a new version of Barashka, but for my mind it's nothing like the old one. From the...
  10. Private Who?

Liking what I'm seeing

I like the direction ROHoS is headed in. It's been a tough slog, and I know I've done at least my share of griping. I've also done my share of saying when I thought TWI was getting it right, and I've stuck around. Not too long ago I stated in a post that ROHoS did not feel like a game that...
  11. Private Who?

What # Most Enjoyable?

This is not a new problem. None of the original Ost maps were built for 50 or 64 players either. Then again...Leningrad and Berezina worked fine with 64. Black Day July did too. I think there's a sort of selective memory happening, or else loss of memory regarding the arc of development of...
  12. Private Who?

What We Are Up To - April 8th Edition

Things are looking up! Thanks! As for RS...I trust you will take your time and get it just right. I can wait...especially with those 3 maps about to come out. We're in pretty good shape.
  13. Private Who?

Zhitomir1941

yea I saw that but haven't played it yet. Permission would be nice, that's the thing to do for a community made map especially. -BUT-... Zhitomir1941 and Zhitomir Revenge are EPIC awesomeness and I hope they both come around.
  14. Private Who?

What # Most Enjoyable?

it really depends on the map, but in this regard it's no different than Ostfront was. When Ostfront went from 32 to 40 and then 50, and then 64...each step was either really fun on certain maps or really lame on certain maps. Imagine trying to play Berezina on a server capped at 32. Or now...
  15. Private Who?

Is RO2 right for me

+1. definite buy. you will read a great deal from people about how this game is not just exactly perfect, but overall it is the best FPS shooter on the market. flat out....and it's getting better.
  16. Private Who?

Be nice (new player influx)

Be patient anyway. Trolls happen, but they also can be dealt with by server admins more effectively. And at any rate, the trolls are outnumbered by people who we should try to keep. Most trolls won't last through Sunday afternoon anyway.
  17. Private Who?

Red Orchestra 2 Counterattack Map Pack Released; Free Weekend on Steam

well...ya know...the man's got a point there. ;) GREAT JOB to the mappers. And THANK YOU TWI. I will certainly be buying the entire TWI catalog again tomorrow (payday) BUT I'd like to know one thing: If I buy the TWI Complete Pack for Dwarfs and missing Killing Floor DLC, can I still gift...
  18. Private Who?

RO2 players

Yea it's nice to see so many full servers. Between Humble Bumble and the Steam sale, it really boosted things tonight. Let's hope a bunch stick around. I will say I played about 75 minutes tonight, and just over an hour last night. Tonight in particular on Rakowice two rounds were very well...
  19. Private Who?

My long time feedback about the unlock /progression system.

Yep. That whole post is dead on but ^this^ part is the dead-est on.
  20. Private Who?

Community Map Pack news - and we want your trailers!

Or less. Well done sir. It's not an argument, it's a bit of play on words. Perfectly allowable. ;) I hereby propose an official change of name for the map 'Gumrak' to 'Gumrak, 2 Tanks'. Can I get a second?