• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Alex Milo

“…is not a valid map file!”

I cannot open my map, I keep getting this message. How do I fix it? I can open previous versions just fine, but they’re really outdated… I had the SDK open during sleep on my laptop, which I usually do, but I got blue screened and now I get this message when trying to open.
  2. Alex Milo

How to delete Surfaces?

I’m losing my mind trying to figure this out. How do I delete these surfaces?
  3. Alex Milo

Level Design Lighting/shadow issue

Got this weird issue when building the lighting. It dissappears if I play the map and point the flashlight at it, so must be a shadow issue. Anyone got an idea of how to fix it?
  4. Alex Milo

Level Design How to spawn in the Matriarch?

I used to use the Abomination to test my maps as he was the biggest zed in the game (so I know door frames etc won’t be an issue for any zed, both functionally and visually) but now that Matriarch is the biggest zed i want to spawn her in instead, but I cant seem to find neither her in-game name...
  5. Alex Milo

Level Design Is it insensitive to make a map depicting a school?

Over the past couple of years I've been working on/off on a map taking place in an American high school, which has been turned into a makeshift hospital following an outbreak, and I'm really happy with how it's turning out. I'm well aware of others who have done maps of schools in Killing Floor...
  6. Alex Milo

"Featured Event Item" - What is this? Matriarch?

Maybe it's just me who's horrendously slow, but I just noticed this Featured Event Item on the home screen, clicking it takes me to and "oops"-page. it looks to me like it could be the Matriarch? Or is it something else I have missed entirely? https://imgur.com/a/GFcbR
  7. Alex Milo

Level Design Setting up Automatic Doors?

Great things has happened to the doors, they can now spawn closed (yay!) but the option to make automatic doors are still greyed out for me. Is there something I'm missing? How do I make an automatic sliding door that opens upon entering vicinity? Apologies if this has been answered already, I...
  8. Alex Milo

Level Design Unable to fully load packages

I can't fully load the root package, as it doesn't show. It seems this was caused by the latest update. Anyone know of a solution? EDIT: There seems to be many other changes to the layout of the SDK. I can no longer turn lighting on/off as usual and can't enlarge my perspective view anymore...
  9. Alex Milo

Level Design Player Death trigger event?

I'm curious about this. Is there a way for me to make an effect on a map when a player dies?
  10. Alex Milo

Level Design Editing meshes and/or textures

I was wondering if we are allowed to edit existing KF meshes and/or textures? If yes how would you do so? I basically want to remodel and retexture an existing mesh. I have the upk files and want to edit using Photoshop and Autodesk Maya or Rhino3D, if possible.
  11. Alex Milo

Beta Map The Remedy

Hello everybody, finally my map is ready for some public testing. The Remedy is my Grindhouse entry map. Setting: Remedy takes place in an underground Horzine facility, producing a product known as 'The Remedy'. Publicly know as a cancer treatment drug, it actually turns the patients more...
  12. Alex Milo

Level Design Waves are not counting down

What the title says. I'll soon have my Grindhouse-entry map ready for public testing, but the wave counter doesn't work. Google and the search function on the forum here didn't help, so have been unable to find a solution on my own. Any ideas? I'm thinking I might have missed something in World...
  13. Alex Milo

Level Design Question about the 2 Contest Phases

Just a quick question here. There's 2 phases of the contest. 2nd Phase has higher dollar prizes than the 1st one. How come? What's the difference between the two? I'm currently studying in the UK without my computer I usually use for mapping and was therefore considering going to a gaming caf
  14. Alex Milo

PC Evacuation Point mistake

I love this map, probably my favorite so far, BUT being a Dane myself I quickly noticed a mistake. There's a banner right in the beginning that says "R
  15. Alex Milo

Tactics Best weapon against the Patriarch?

Hi all! I was wondering which weapons you find most useful against the patriarch? I myself find the Aa12 and the automatic granade launcher combined with the most useful. I use the auto nade launcher at long distances (ofcause) and then the Aa12 when he is getting up close. I combine those...