• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Best weapon against the Patriarch?

Alex Milo

Grizzled Veteran
  • Dec 21, 2010
    Hi all!

I was wondering which weapons you find most useful against the patriarch? I myself find the Aa12 and the automatic granade launcher combined with the most useful. I use the auto nade launcher at long distances (ofcause) and then the Aa12 when he is getting up close. I combine those weapons with the ? perk because the Aa12 needs to be more powerful than it already is to stop the patriarch of getting too close. Then when he is on his knees I bombard him with the nade launcher while running away.
    What tactics, weapons and perks are you using to bring him down?

( Im new to this site so if this thread is not in the right place or there already is a thread like this, please let me know, thanks. :) )

My plan for soloing maps ( Preferably on Suicidal)
    Is going 1st wave Sharp ( All the perks im gonna mention should be Lvl 6) all the other waves Support and then for the Pat ( I racked up $3500-$4200 by wave 11) I use demo. I put 5 pipes in the place im thinkin he'll come ( Obviously if you used a place to hold ) And the others ( If it is) in the other place when he could posibly come. Pipes explode , spam M23 and then M79.
    BTW , as far as i tested , 5 pipes kill him on suicidal with 1 player. ( Im talking about Lvl 6 demo , dunno if it'll work with low level demolitions)

Upvote 0
    Crossbow if the map is kinda open (Works well on West London or Farm)

AA12...pretty much anytime because he WILL be rushing your team.

LAW if you wanna have fun. IMO, NOT an effective weapon against patty because of teammate-blinding smoke, slow rate of fire, and the chance to nuke yourself.

However, it may also be wise to swarm the old chap with chainsaws. Never fails:cool:

LOLOLOL. It only works with a well coordinated, non-brain damaged team. Thus you shouldn't try it in public games, EVER.

Upvote 0
    As support I use the M32/AA12 (Only level 4 this time around, so that's 20 blocks of carry weight). The M32 isn't amazing without the demo perk, but it DOES allow you to use your extra and more damaging grenades by stacking them at his feet, then blowing em up at long range with the launcher. Just about guaranteed to bring him to his knees, and hopefully he'll run towards your wall of waiting AA12's.

Very difficult to acquire this loadout in multiplayer, though. Consider just using a shotgun/hunting shotty with the AA12.

Upvote 0
    LOLOLOL. It only works with a well coordinated, non-brain damaged team. Thus you shouldn't try it in public games, EVER.

4-6 lumberjacks has only not worked once for us, because of distruptions.

On sui and hoe i find it's the only cast iron guarenteed win option - as long as you hide 1st.
    The quickest result was no more than 3 secs to kill him, it's got to a point where i actually want ot stop doing it tbh.

Upvote 0
    Yay! first post.

I'm tyred of people beeing wiped out at the first patriarch rush, so i'm always going medic+crossbow on public servers, just in case i'm the only one left. I don't trust in the LAW.
    When you are the last one, as you said, you just play mouse and cat. Xbow does the job nicely. :IS2:

Upvote 0