• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. G

Game wont launch

Ah, very informative, thank you. I have found the relevant locations, in said redist 2010 fodler there are 2 applications for the vcredist, an x64 and an x86. Does it matter which one i process? edit: nvm, i did x64 and it's working. Thanks for the help!
  2. G

Game wont launch

Ah, thanks. Done that now.
  3. G

Game wont launch

Verify Steam cache. Right-click on KF2 in Steam Library > Properties > Local Files > [Verify Integrity] Running the .exe redist files located in your SteamApps/common/killingfloor2/_CommonRedist location Update any device drivers you have to the latest available Delete your documents/my...
  4. G

A few questions and sentiments about incapacitations

I thought the medic darts already applied poison to ZEDs.
  5. G

KF2: An honest perspective

You're comparing a game that spent 4 years as a mod before becoming a retail release in 2009 and has, as far as i can tell, received continued content updates up to as far as 2015. A decade of work. To a game that is still in early access. KF2 was a lot harder for me to get into than KF1 and...
  6. G

GC - Solo much easier if you keep health below 50

I've experienced some strange games myself where players blitzed through several waves only to have 4 fp's and half a dozen scrakes dropped into the map at once (along with the usual two dozen trash) and wiping half the team only then to baby the remaining players with waves of 16 trash every 30...
  7. G

Hans is just a terrible boss. What to do about it?

Agree mostly with OP. I think Hanz is fine in the game, but his moves are very cheap. His grenades force every player to scatter making it difficult to actually stop and shoot him when he's his most vulnerable and his melee is far too powerful; there's almost no way to recover from him raging...
  8. G

GC and teleproting zeds combo is a nightmare

One thing i have noticed is there's a lot more in-level spawning on KF2 than KF1. Especially on the newer maps (which people will be playing more). Zeds can spawn in, as far as i'm aware, almost any room, since the level designers have incorporated so many spawn volumes inside the map. So the...
  9. G

Survivability factors

Unloading 10 magnum rounds into his backpack whilst someone else aggro'd his grenade attack is also pretty brutal. Having a GS flanking Hanz can have you breeze threw his initial healing phases. Being able to stumble Hanz when he goes for his cheap *** bull**** melee charge is also invaluable as...
  10. G

Tactics support on boss wave

Support can deal insane damage to the boss so long as you don't acquire aggro. I'm not 100% sure how it works, but some games Hanz has completely left me alone in favour of the other players and i've been free to jump out from debris and DB him in his backpack or unload most of an AA12 clip into...
  11. G

Tactics Support Perk Issues (complaints)

Not sure i can relate to any of this except the first. It feels more to me that the shots miss or are, in the case of gorefasts, absorbed by the body even though your curser may be aimed higher up. I don't know. It feels really off and i can't explain it, but i definitely know as a CQC weapon...
  12. G

How do you play Demo?

I've always found the HX to be quite reliable against crawlers and stalkers. For some reason it's just easier to clear a mob of those as opposed to clots. Perhaps because with clots the one at the front will take the shot and force the AoE to trigger from his nipples rather than ontop and in the...
  13. G

Commando: Which rifle do you carry with your SCAR?

Agreed. This is even more frustrating when ZED time kicks in and you're forced to sit there and watch exactly how free spirited those sa80 rounds are, flying off all over the place on a rifle that is balanced with low damage and renowned "irl" for having good recoil control technology. As for...
  14. G

GC and teleproting zeds combo is a nightmare

I have to concur with the OP on this one. Most frequent KF gamers will have felt their way through what is the best way to kite a horde. Too fast and the zeds relocate or double back on you, too slow and you suffer attrition on your health and armour from zeds engaging you. There's an in between...
  15. G

Level Design Snap to Grid?

Ah, thanks. One more question if you don't mind, how do i scroll a texture on a wall? EDIT: nvm, found it! Man, everything in this editor seems hidden behind window after window.
  16. G

Level Design Snap to Grid?

I'm just starting to use the editor and there are some basic things that are really annoying me. Is there a snap to grid function? This is a really fundimental tool for any editor and i'm surprised it's not easier to find. Whilst i'm hear i'm also looking for general tips that people may have...
  17. G

Earning Levels Takes Too Long

Support wasn't that hard to level when you play maps like office and biotics lab. Plenty of doors to weld and corridors to get that penetration damage stacking. Firebug is a bit of a nuasance for me as there are no alternative methods to level up on the side, whilst by the time i came to level...
  18. G

Tactics Combat advice for first timers.

I suppose your right about new timers probably not coming here. I just see a lot of people making the same mistakes and i didn't really find any particular guide on KF gameplay. The supposedly comprehensive KF guide does little more than list stats.
  19. G

Tactics Using the M14EBR

Is it really just the ironsights? I often feel the laser doesn't do me any better, i can never seem to headshot GF's anymore.
  20. G

Tactics Help leveling Perks!

Leave zombies to burn after shooting them with the Mac-10 in order to maximise burn damage. IE shoot each specimen once then retreat/re-prioritise targets. Clots, crawlers and stalkers will die from a single shot + burn damage (on normal, at least).