• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Earning Levels Takes Too Long

I have the same problem in reverse. All my firends are low level and I'm high level :)

Only thing I can recommend is get your mates to come down to Hard and get them to limit their loadouts. Like have your Medic only allowed to take a syringe and no Mp7, or have a Sharpshooter that can only use the LAR, a support that can only use the pumpy.

Its suprising how difficult the game gets when you start limiting your loadouts. I went on normal as a Medic and didn't use armour... and several times I nearly got stuffed by Gorefasts and Husks ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Spicy
Upvote 0
One suggestion is to get your friends to carry you on the higher levels, leaving you easy levelling.

I.e., for commando they could kite the stalkers to you, demo they could leave the groups for you, support they could get you welding; etc.

If you're dead set on playing with your friends on higher difficulties, you should be able to come to some arrangement; after all, you're friends!

Upvote 0
When you reach all perks to level 6, it becomes not so fun to play anymore. So do not hurry.
If leveling takes too long, you should advance to higher difficulties. My advice is switching to Hard when perk level reached 3, and to Suicidal - on level 4 or 5.

Still fun for me. I have 57M damage on my commando, and it is still my favorite class. I have close to 1100 hours in, and I play for the teamwork, and because the game is fun, not achievements. I only have 60% of the achievements.

Reactions: jd641 and Spicy
Upvote 0
whereas I see no chance how I will get my Firebug & Support even close to Lv. 5.
Damn you Mr. Perky achievement !

Support wasn't that hard to level when you play maps like office and biotics lab. Plenty of doors to weld and corridors to get that penetration damage stacking.

Firebug is a bit of a nuasance for me as there are no alternative methods to level up on the side, whilst by the time i came to level medic and berserker i was already level 3 from general play.

SS was the first class i got to level 6 and i would probably advise people not to grind SS because you'll inadvertantly level SS regardless of what class you are.

EDIT: As for medic, level 5-6 is a massive gap and i'm greatful from promotions on Valve's end for bringing in the newbies as that's a great way to boost your healing grind capacity. I've probably healed more HP's in the past week than i have in the past 2 months because of the potato sack promotion. The same can be said for the Christmas promotion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
EDIT: As for medic, level 5-6 is a massive gap and i'm greatful from promotions on Valve's end for bringing in the newbies as that's a great way to boost your healing grind capacity. I've probably healed more HP's in the past week than i have in the past 2 months because of the potato sack promotion. The same can be said for the Christmas promotion.

Promotion/ sale + doom level = stupidly fast medic leveling. It's Killing Floor's version of Counter-Strike's de_dust2 or Day of Defeat's dod_orange/ dod_avalanche.

For Firebug, if you're really bored, I guess you could always pop into a doom server on hard or suicidal and just burn everything in sight down. :D

Upvote 0
When you reach all perks to level 6, it becomes not so fun to play anymore. So do not hurry.
If leveling takes too long, you should advance to higher difficulties. My advice is switching to Hard when perk level reached 3, and to Suicidal - on level 4 or 5.
Couldn't agree more. I have 100 hours and only have 3 classes at level 3, all the rest are below. Takes far too long in this game. I can't play higher difficulties because starting out with just a pistol when I join mid-game = death.

Upvote 0