- Verify Steam cache. Right-click on KF2 in Steam Library > Properties > Local Files > [Verify Integrity]
- Running the .exe redist files located in your SteamApps/common/killingfloor2/_CommonRedist location
- Update any device drivers you have to the latest available
- Delete your documents/my games/Killing Floor 2/ folder directory completely
- Disconnect USB controllers and other HID devices except for keyboard and mouse
- Restart Steam client
- Launch Steam (or set the game .exe) to launch as an Administrator
- Turn off DxTory
Game cache is verified.
Complete re-install just in case anyway. No change.
*Can't try second one as _CommonRedist folder doesn't exist; or at least as far as i can find.
DirectX updated (installer said up to date).
.net updated (installer said up to date).
Deleted the KF2 directory in My Games to no avail.
No other HID devices connected.
Steam and PC restarted.
Launching as administrator changes nothing.
*Don't know what DxTory is.
*are issues i could use help with, but the following info might also help:
Running the game directly from the executable returns the error message "the code execution cannot proceed because MSVCR100.dll was not found, reinstalling the program may fix this problem" (it didn't). The missing dll hints at an issue with C++, but i have already reinstalled this as part of my trouble shooting.