• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. GrimReality

Search and Destroy...

S&D was never really intended for more than 32 slots.
  2. GrimReality

RO2 A Message For TWI

"revered senior member"? Hmmm...I like the sound of that, can I get Revered added to the front of my forum title below my name? S&D is similar to Countdown in that you get one life per [territory/round] although in S&D there is no ability to spawn any extra reinforcements whatsoever. You also...
  3. GrimReality

RO2 A Message For TWI

I got one day in that I just happened to be off work (it was a Tuesday...but was it last week? I think... I don't know I've drank and slept since then...) The server for the active hour of the test had a good crowd of 20+ and the game mode was solid and fun. S&D is a proven game mode and...
  4. GrimReality

Release - [CGT] 3.0 with Search & Destroy

TWI has a contest for maps... do they accept submissions of new game modes? ;)
  5. GrimReality

Automated voiceovers really kills

Incorrect, sir. The ShutUp mutator is whitelisted and has been for a while. We run it on our CTF server, and it's amazing!
  6. GrimReality

We need a Flag.

:)
  7. GrimReality

Final Release Capture The Flag

You should try it, you just might like it! :) Personally, nothing gives me quite the adrenaline rush (as far as video games go) like taking an enemy flag and doing my best to avoid enemies, sneak, run, dance, juke, jive, and shoot my way back through to my base to get the capture for my team...
  8. GrimReality

Revisiting some ranking system alternatives

Honestly, I miss those days before First Person Shooters got tainted by RPG's... back when we played games because they were simply fun to play, not to rank up some artificial abilities. But yes, if ranking were cosmetic only, I'd settle for that long before what we have now.
  9. GrimReality

New Game Type Suggestion

This is almost exactly how I had WISHED that Countdown always WOULD have been!
  10. GrimReality

SteamWorkshop- Make it easier to see what happening

And how about an option to pause or cancel the download as well? I think it might halt automatically if you join a server before it's done downloading but I'm not sure.
  11. GrimReality

What the community is up to - Vehicles ;)

BB, as there seems to be quite a bit of info spread out across a dozen or so pages of this thread now, can I request that you update the OP with all important current and future content so that it's easier to find and less likely that people will repeat questions? Much appreciation for all the...
  12. GrimReality

3D & Animation My first textured Mesh / Rotating Motor

Just like the the one I flew back home in Beggar's Canyon. :)
  13. GrimReality

Can we filter out servers with BOTS after this patch?

Keep in mind that many servers that enable bots, only enable a small amount of them, and they'll disappear as real players join to take their spots.
  14. GrimReality

Ostfront battle chatter!

I was just joking of course.
  15. GrimReality

Steam Workshop

The launch options for Steam games are not on the shortcuts, they're set by right clicking on the game in your Steam Library, clicking Properties, then click the button "Set Launch Options..."
  16. GrimReality

Ostfront battle chatter!

@ Thor, I'm curious... wouldn't the ShutUp mutator pretty much make the RO1Chatter Mutator less than noticeable? Mutator Wars!
  17. GrimReality

LOOKING FOR a server that has speed hacking disable

Hanky hit on exactly what I was getting at. For gaming it's better to run a 100ft cable winding around the house than to go wireless even if the router is just 1ft away from your computer. But if you can't do anything about that, then so be it. BUT, I may have the answer to the original...
  18. GrimReality

I am pretty sick of playing Mamayev, what can we do?

Mamayev was a LOT more interesting when it was in Beta with the bunker was a neutral cap zone. At the start of the round, the central bunkers were the first cap zone and each team would spawn equal distance them, and whichever team took that bunker territory first would be the attacking team for...
  19. GrimReality

3D & Animation LCVP Model/Animation

video tips: freeze frame for a couple seconds on the end of each animation clip, so that the viewer wont miss what you're showing if they blink. Also show multiple angles. When showing slow-mo, you need to add frames of animation in, not more time in between the current frames. animation tip...
  20. GrimReality

LOOKING FOR a server that has speed hacking disable

I don't know of any servers like that, but out of curiosity, what kind of internet connection do you have? Satellite? Cable? DSL? Do you know the speed of it? And are you plugged into your router with a cable or are you connected wirelessly?