• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ostfront battle chatter!

Ducky

Super Moderator
May 22, 2011
Netherlands
For those that prefer the Ostfront battle chatter above the Heroes of Stalingrad battle chatter, but don't want to go trough the steps of having to manually overwrite the stock RO2 chatter cues. Well then you are lucky now. Slappy Cromwell and I teamed up and created a mutator that does this for you. The RO1 sound cues are those from SLappy and I added some scripting to it that will activate those sound cues as soon as a player joins a server that runs this mutator. The mutator is currently being tested on the RGN custom map server and the mutator client files can be downloaded found on the steam workshop. More about this mutator can be found in the next thread: [Mutator] RO1ChatterMut.

For those that wonder if it will conflict with Thor's ShutUp mutator, well it doesn't. His mutator runs server side, while mine runs mostly client side.

Last edited:
For those that prefer the Ostfront battle chatter above the Heroes of Stalingrad battle chatter, but don't want to go trough the steps of having to manually overwrite the stock RO2 chatter cues. Well then you are lucky now. Slappy Cromwell and I teamed up and created a mutator that does this for you. The RO1 sound cues are those from SLappy and I added some scripting to it that will activate those sound cues as soon as a player joins a server that runs this mutator. The mutator is currently being tested on the RGN custom map server and the mutator client files can be downloaded found on the steam workshop. More about this mutator can be found in the next thread: [Mutator] RO1ChatterMut.

For those that wonder if it will conflict with Thor's ShutUp mutator, well it doesn't. His mutator runs server side, while mine runs mostly client side.

man is there any thing you can't do? TWI really outta think about hiring you on, the community demands would be met with record time :D

Upvote 0
It was my full pleasure in not implemented that :rolleyes:. Reason, keyboard controls don't have anything to do with battle chatter.
thank you Ducky! can't wait to try it out! just happens i play that custom map server a lot. it's great fro having the newest maps and mods and supporting you guys.
p.s. what's with people crying over nothing ever good enough? some people wouldn't be happy if we hung them with solid gold ropes.

Upvote 0
No! It only works if both the server and you have the files... if you don't download it, you'll hear the regular HoS chatter.

Correct. And even if you did download the mutator from the steam workshop, then you sill will have all the original RO2 audio files. The mutator does not overwrite any stock RO2 file. Also there is an option on the in-game workshop - mutators - configure page that allows you to disable the Ostfront chatter cues. If checked, then you will hear the stock RO2 sound cues.

@ Thor, I'm curious... wouldn't the ShutUp mutator pretty much make the RO1Chatter Mutator less than noticeable?

Mutator Wars!

Depends on how you configure the ShutUp mutator. If you disable all battle chatter cues, then you also won't hear the Ostfront battle chatter cues. But both mutators are server side initiated. A server admin should question himself why he would be using both at the same time :p

And about the mutator war, there isn't one. Thor's mutator runs completely server side while mine only initiates at server sides and for the rest all is done at client side. The RO1ChatterMut does hardly claim any CPU or RAM resource at server side.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I tried it out on the RGN server... man did it bring back memories! Of course the first thing I did was select German Engineer and throw a satchel... I was quite disapointed at the lack of Shambeh Bambeh :(

I only did the coding part of this mutator. Slappy did do the sound part. I've no clue which cues are in the sound mod and which aren't. (I'm a real noob if it comes to usingthe SDK :D). I will ask Slappy about the presence of that particular sound cue. Maybe he can import it. Then in time we can add it to the mutator and upload the newer sound cues to the workshop.

Upvote 0
I only did the coding part of this mutator. Slappy did do the sound part. I've no clue which cues are in the sound mod and which aren't. (I'm a real noob if it comes to usingthe SDK :D). I will ask Slappy about the presence of that particular sound cue. Maybe he can import it. Then in time we can add it to the mutator and upload the newer sound cues to the workshop.

Awesome! I think a lot of ROOsters are going to be getting this mutator for precisely that reason lol.

Not to say that it's worthless without it, you both did a great job.

Upvote 0