• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Ihmhi

Team-oriented scoring

I propose that the current score system of "Kills" be revamped or removed entirely. Here's why. The ultimate goal of the game is to have at least one person survive each wave until the Patriarch comes along and then successfully kill the Patriarch. If this can be done with everybody having fun...
  2. Ihmhi

Give Berserker ranged Melee

Berserker uses melee obviously and typically carries a backup weapon. How about we go a little Sparta on the Zeds? Give the Berserker Javelins - like the classical spears. Primary attack is a stab, swipe, etc. with them. Secondary attack throws the javelins. Berserker could carry a handful of...
  3. Ihmhi

Server Plugin/mutator that changes maplist based on time?

Hypothetical here. There's two verison of West London - a night and a day version. Is there any plugins or mutators that can effect the maplist? For instance, when the server time reads as nighttime hours, the maplist uses the night map. When the sun comes up (so to speak), it uses the daytime...
  4. Ihmhi

Squad [AE] AssEater - 2 servers on Hard, biweekly Suicidal games

[AE] AssEater http://www.asseater.org ~ Proudly serving you the one finger salute since 1995 ~ = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = [AE] #1: Hard, Stock & Custom Maps, All Whitelisted = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = [AE]...
  5. Ihmhi

For server admins: may we please have some improvements to web admin?

I'd like to request the following be added to WebAdmin. If you have any addendums, please speak up. If you agree, please kindly /sign. Show the Kills/Deaths for each player. Show the (rough) ping for each player. Show the money count for each player. Show the perk and level for each player...
  6. Ihmhi

Level Design A few (quick) basic questions

I'm familiar with Valve Hammer and I find the UT editor godawful in terms of moving around. That aside, I might dabble a bit in KF mapping and I have a few (relatively) simple questions. 1) Do I have to make sure the map is "sealed" (i.e. airtight), or is this not as huge of an issue in this...
  7. Ihmhi

Sharp is overpowered.

I've been playing on my clan's (and other) servers a good lot lately, and I see too many damn Sharpshooters. I've seen games that are 5 Sharpshooters and myself as anything but. If you look at [AE]'s server stats, the top maps this week are currently: 1) Arcade Shopping Center FINAL 2)...
  8. Ihmhi

Server Session banned by votekick...

...from my own server. -.- Sure, the four idiots who did it got a permaban from [AE]'s server for their cheek, but now this presents a problem. I do not want to give out root admin powers (i.e. console password) to the subordinates in [AE]. That's just good server management for any game. I...
  9. Ihmhi

Weapon Customizations

This has been brought up before, but I would like to take an attempt at fleshing this idea out more than just "this would be REALLY COOL GUYS". I've known more than a few soldiers from many different countries and many different branches of the military in my lifetime, and each and every one of...
  10. Ihmhi

Flesh Pound critical headshot "fix"

Info from this post: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=500587&postcount=2 One word question: why? If you use melee to knock off a FP's head, I'm pretty sure you can come away unscathed. But if you don't - if you use a firearm - you are typically going to take at least...
  11. Ihmhi

M14 EBR = disappointment

I played with it for a few waves, and I'm sure I'll get used to it, but I'm disappointed with the lack of a scope for the M14 EBR. I was playing on Heresy Beta 3 and it was rather hard to see a lot of the Zeds, much less get a decent headshot, unless they were closer. I imagine M14 is goin to...
  12. Ihmhi

My KF reviews

I do a zombie-based series called Voodoo Farming for Skippy's List, a military oriented blog. A couple months ago I did a review of Killing Floor (which you can check out here), and I just did a basic preview of the level up content pack. Neither contain anything particularly signficant other...
  13. Ihmhi

New Specimen

YouTube - 'Legion' Trailer HD @1:23 I just saw the trailer for Legion, and damned if this wouldn't make a cool new Spec. Maybe it could charge, do a 360, and a kind of knockback attack with one of its huuuuuuge limbs.
  14. Ihmhi

"Highlander" games

No, this is not about those lovely immortals with swords. I learned the term "Highlander" from Team Fortress Classic (the predecessor to Team Fortress 2), specifically a league. A Highlander league (or game) in Team Fortress consisted of a 9v9, one of each class mandatory. One thing [AE] is...
  15. Ihmhi

How about just another Flamethrower?

What's the core difference between the .45 and the Handcannon? Not a whole lot besides clip size, bullet damage, and accuracy. So how about for Firebug we just get a bigger flamethrower? Longer range, a *little* more damage, and perhaps it burns the ground/walls longer. It's the best way to...
  16. Ihmhi

Server Ingame Download gets to 100% and then starts over

Got a bunch of new maps added to the [AE] server: Archives Brewery CornerMarket_v3 defence_b2 WaterWorksV2 Carnival11 DarkRoads-F SawnOfTheDead1-1 WestLondonNight_v7 We have problems in our private testing with the bolded maps using our fast download. They would go to 100% at a very fast speed...
  17. Ihmhi

Etiquette and Decorum in the face of a Zombocalypse.

I think every game has its little unspoken rules of courtesy. Let's make 'em spoken. With me personally, I hate to see "X had an aneurysm." That translates to "X left the game, and there goes all the money you gave him as well as that gun you helped him find and..." etc. So the first act of...
  18. Ihmhi

Server Broken... Pipes... EVERYWHERE!

Restarting the server fixed it, so this is not as much of an issue for us at the moment as a heads up. "Broken Pipe" is a custom melee weapon that was originally feature in kf-theoffice, I believe. I get on [AE]'s server today and literally every single weapon pickup (except for ammo boxes) is...
  19. Ihmhi

Server Log out of web admin?

So I'm trying to log into web admin with the following link: http://USER:PASSWORD@IP:PORT/ I log in with my regular account and "Admins & Groups" is greyed out. I'm the master admin for my clan's KF division, so this is a bit weird. I figure screw it, I'll log into the master admin account. I...
  20. Ihmhi

Server I messed things up real good.

I've been trying to get Fast DL working. It didn't. I haven't the slightest idea why. Moreover, I follow the instructions for setting up Fast DL and manually add in the maps to the KillingFloor.ini, and now I can't connect to WebAdmin or the server. I'm sure something in here is wrong, but I...