• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. [TW]DrGuppy

KF Stronghold is stunning

There actually was plans for a dungeon under the middle of the map. I cut it early on because I realized the map was stupidly big as it is. I also cut it because some people might want to throw me in there. :p
  2. [TW]DrGuppy

KF Stronghold is stunning

Hey! Thanks for the kind words. A little history on this map - I started it about 5(?) years ago before I was hired by TW (the layout is a little confusing because I was fairly inexperienced in level design at this point). Unfortunately, the map sat around at about 85% complete collecting dust...
  3. [TW]DrGuppy

What are the small dots on the corner of your screen in realism mode?

Personally I wish more servers would disable this feature. I feel like it's simply another way experienced players can gain an additional edge over the vast majority of the playerbase who don't use the feature or even know about it. Especially in the current state where it goes right through...
  4. [TW]DrGuppy

RS Balancing new RS Maps

Now that the MCP maps are in-house we (mostly me) be looking at updating them with fixes. I don't have a timeline for a patch though, but we are working on them and are collecting feedback.
  5. [TW]DrGuppy

ridiculously big updates

From Yorshiro (inside the News and Announcement Thread);
  6. [TW]DrGuppy

April 21st RO2/RS Update Changelog

Perhaps while they wait they'll consider joining the other team to keep things even...
  7. [TW]DrGuppy

RO2 no one is bothered that attack/attack maps are always biased against the russians?

From a Level Design perspective, we try very hard to balance the maps in a sense that each side has a roughly 50% chance of winning while still keeping asymmetric layouts. No official map in RO2/RS has ever purposely been created in favour of either side, although occasionally we like to give...
  8. [TW]DrGuppy

Summer Event Pier of Pain

Just a few tips on the clowns; - There is one clown in each trader room. - You can kill the ones in the traders with explosive weapons (M32 spam around the buildings will kill them). - The infinite downtime before healing the Ringmaster is intentional so players can search for the clowns if...
  9. [TW]DrGuppy

RS IwoJima Allies Biased?

This map will be receiving a balance update for the first patch. We were able to work out a solution that prevents players from being able to blow up the guns by throwing a satchel over the AA ring walls.
  10. [TW]DrGuppy

RS IwoJima Allies Biased?

We're keeping an eye on the balance of all the maps. Haven't got the new numbers yet, but if they are skewed towards one side, we'll be sure to make changes to balance it out. The balance of maps always fluctuates a lot when you get a horde of new players jumping into a new game. The D/E...
  11. [TW]DrGuppy

Level Design [WIP Map] TE-Kurland

It might do just that, but I figured it would be quick to try.
  12. [TW]DrGuppy

Level Design [WIP Map] TE-Kurland

Have you guys tried setting the 'Max Spawn on Squad Leader Distance' setting in the world properties to 0? That might work to disable it.
  13. [TW]DrGuppy

Level Design Get Position?

If you have to do this for 100 positions, I would just suggest pretending to be a tank in the editor and find spots that way. You can use 'show debug' in console to get a map location. From there, you can write the numbers down or take a screenshot and then manually copy those numbers into an...
  14. [TW]DrGuppy

Proposed tweak to Spawn System for better flow and less intrusive spawn protection

Overall, I agree that this would make a better cap system. To be realistic though, this has a 'slim to none' chance to being added into RO2 because of the work required to code in a new system and balance each of the existing maps. Your best bet would be to add this cap system into a custom map...
  15. [TW]DrGuppy

Which tools do you like most for map balancing?

The data is split between gametypes (TE/CD/FF), but does not take into account any other factors (action / realism / classic, player count, 16p versions, etc). It's not perfect, but it does give us a good general idea of balance across all servers.
  16. [TW]DrGuppy

Level Design Editor Questions

Make sure you have some roles to choose from and a few PlayerStarts. I'm not sure what is going wrong here. I usually use a grid-size of 4 and have snapping turned on. Make sure the properties on the mesh are set to snap in the editor (F4 > Advanced > Ed Should Snap [checked]). Dragging a...
  17. [TW]DrGuppy

It certainly can be a practical option, depending on the map. Imagine how different Apartments would play if the Russians all had SMGs and the Germans only had rifles. Or removing / adding extra MGs to a certain side on Mamayev. Weapon selection makes less of an impact in RO2, but it can still...
  18. [TW]DrGuppy

Sure, that would be nice and all, but there is currently no system in place to handle that kind of scenario. Trying to add in asymmetrical teams is a nightmare to code and will likely break multiple systems (autobalance, squad system, AI, etc). The most we can do for the current version of the...
  19. [TW]DrGuppy

Exactly what EvilHobo said. It all depends on the problem in the map and how the level designer wants to handle it. I'm actually doing a balancing pass on all the maps now that we have Steam stats to track the overall win / loss ratios. My changes range from changing overall map time...
  20. [TW]DrGuppy

Level Design Terrain layer question

Not really a fix, but a little selection trick I use is checking the bottom of the editor before I delete anything. If it says # StaticMeshActors Selected, then you're safe. If it says # Actors Selected, you've managed to select multiple types of actors, one of which is most likely the terrain...