• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Editor Questions

I've been working with UE3 for years now but I am completely new to mapping for RO2 so I have a few questions :)

Is there a way to get play in editor to work properly? I am only capable of flying around in spectator mode :B

Is there way to get the grid to working properly? Moving objects around seems to be very strange compared to other versions of UE3 and changing the grid size doesn't seem to change things quite right. Changing the grid size to something insanely high like 256 obviously works but having it at something crazy low like 2 still has it skipping large areas :B

Also is there a way to lower the sensitivity of the screen moving any lower? I already have the setting at the absolute lowest but everything still moves about 3X faster than any other versions of UE3 I've used XD

Is there a way to not have the content browser default to placing a "ROStaticmeshobstacle" instead of a regular staticmesh when dragging from the content browser to the editor screen?

Hoping people here can help me with any if not all of these things :)

Thanks in Advance!

Is there a way to get play in editor to work properly? I am only capable of flying around in spectator mode :B

Make sure you have some roles to choose from and a few PlayerStarts.

Is there way to get the grid to working properly? Moving objects around seems to be very strange compared to other versions of UE3 and changing the grid size doesn't seem to change things quite right. Changing the grid size to something insanely high like 256 obviously works but having it at something crazy low like 2 still has it skipping large areas :B

I'm not sure what is going wrong here. I usually use a grid-size of 4 and have snapping turned on. Make sure the properties on the mesh are set to snap in the editor (F4 > Advanced > Ed Should Snap [checked]). Dragging a staticmesh from the broswer will result in the creation of a ROStaticMeshObstacle (it's a bug, sorry!) which is usually not what you want. ROStaticMeshObstacles also come with 'Ed Should Snap' turned off by default, so your snapping settings will have no effect.

Also is there a way to lower the sensitivity of the screen moving any lower? I already have the setting at the absolute lowest but everything still moves about 3X faster than any other versions of UE3 I've used XD

I don't think there's any way to get it slower. You'll get used to it! ;)

Is there a way to not have the content browser default to placing a "ROStaticmeshobstacle" instead of a regular staticmesh when dragging from the content browser to the editor screen?
Hold the S key and then left-click to place a static from the staticmesh browser.

Upvote 0