• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Templarion

Listen Server Problems

Sometimes my friends are able to connect my server and sometimes they are not. It does not matter who the friend is. Once I get the server running and even one friend is able to join, then everyone can join. But sometimes no one can join. Usually restarting PC helps. I have opened ports and...
  2. Templarion

Level Design STOP IT! (Enemies spawning inside buildings)

Dear mapmakers, I really appreciate your work and all those quality maps you create. I really do. Thank you for those maps because without your maps this game would probably be dead already. However, there is a thing in maps that has disturbed me from the beginning of the retail version: I...
  3. Templarion

Warhammer 40k Skins & Models

More I think of it, more I get excited about it. The basic game mechanics would be exactly the same. The idea is to change skins and models to change the game overall athmosphere. Every player model would be a space marine. When they walk, they keep lots of noise and hands which use the...
  4. Templarion

Beta Map KF-Trapped-BetaV1

Map Name: KF-Trapped Beta Number: 1.1 (This map was updated 06.08.2009) Playable: Yes Here is my first published map. When I started with this I had only the basic knowledge. Now I feel I know a lot more... I decided to do a level that floats in the middle of nothing because it was easy to do...
  5. Templarion

Level Design Two buttons, one door

I know how to create a normal, opening door. I also know how to create a door that opens when button is pressed. Question: How do I create a door that requires two buttons to be pressed before it opens?
  6. Templarion

Squad Adding Clan Tag

Is it possible to add a clan tag without modifying Steam name? If it is, then how do I do it? I want to keep my Steam name intact but I would like to add a clan tag in my Killing Floor name.
  7. Templarion

AK47 & Katana? Why?!

I am glad that there will be new weapons. I have nothing against it. What I do not like are the names. No other items have specified names, only categorized ones. Either name all the items or don't name any of them. So the new names should be: automatic rifle & sword.
  8. Templarion

Level Design UT2004 Turrets & Killing Floor

There are usable turrets in UT2004. I am wondering how easy would it be to import one in Killing Floor. Where can I adjust how much the turret does damage and what kind of damage type? I am just thinking about super-leveling map where you could use a turret that does chainsaw damage 1,000,000...
  9. Templarion

Level Design Slowly Opening Door/Lift

I am building a big elevator to my map. After searching these forums for a while I found out that I should use KFDoorMover - not KFElevator. The lift works but it goes down far too fast. Where can I adjust how slowly/fast the door/lift opens or closes? Does it matter anything if the door/lift...
  10. Templarion

Increase the Limit of Simultaneous Enemies

More enemies should appear at the same time. The number of enemies should scale with the number of players and the size of map, of course. In the outdoor maps (like the farm map) you are actually searching for the zombies! What kind of horror is that?! There should always be too many of them...
  11. Templarion

Inventory

How would you do inventory for special items in Killing Floor? Let's think about a map where you are supposed to fix a car to complete the map. To fix it, you need to find and pick up items like: tiers, battery and gasoline. How would you do this? Is there somekind of inventory in KF or do you...
  12. Templarion

Modifying Killingfloor.ini & Gameplay

When I edit KillingFloor.ini only a part of the modified lines stay. I have succeed already with Friendly Fire and now I am interested in customized waves, customized starting money, max zombies at once etc. I know I can change StartingCash and RespawnCash during the game and it will work. I...
  13. Templarion

Modifying Killingfloor.ini & Gameplay

When I edit KillingFloor.ini only a part of the modified lines stay. I have succeed already with Friendly Fire and now I am interested in customized waves, customized starting money, max zombies at once etc. I know I can change StartingCash and RespawnCash during the game and it will work. I...