• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. H

Grenade sounds?

Cheers, Any chance that we'll see more umpfh in the grenade sounds from Rising Storm compared to the weak ones in RO2? Im not necessarily advocating realism in terms of sounds but more of a fearfactor. I preferred them in RO1, large blast radious and ringing all over if you were close to a...
  2. H

Automated voiceovers really kills

Probably discussed a lot but i was surprised to see these are still in the game after such a long time. It's nothing but annoying to have your character automatically reveal his position all the time. The idea that the system is "smart" doesn't really add up, had a blast last night playing but...
  3. H

[Question] Rendering, (objects coming into the world)

Description/Issue: So when you go about your daily business in the game you'll eventually run around corners etc and entire tanks, objects and sandbags pop into existence just meters away, giving you a clear view through something you shouldn't have seen. For instance on apartments you can...
  4. H

Highlighting your own player on the scoreboard

I'm gonna just mention this so that its out there, even if this seems quite obvious for the devs to take a look at eventually. Three small suggestions for how the scoreboard can be better. * Highlighting your on row on the scoreboard would be nice so that you can easily find yourself instead of...
  5. H

[Tuning] Countdown spawns (fallen fighters)

I'm sure TWI are aware of this but initially the spawns are placed really bad in some countdown scenarios, in particular on fallen fighters at the beginning. The Russians have almost instant access to shoot with a rifle right through and out the back entrance where all the germans are moving in...
  6. H

[Error] Clipping through walls MAJOR issue

Description: By being close enough to a wall you can clip through anything, the fov used for this test is 90. Area: Any map and any gamemode, any place as far as tested. Reproduce: 1) Join an online server on any gametype & map 2) Go up close to a wall, and start roatating your shoulder into...
  7. H

[Error] Grenade and field of view bug

Description: Holding a grenade will cause the FOV(field of view) to reset to something around 60, this error is due to hitting the zoom key while sprinting. Reproduce: Its easy to reproduce the problem: 1) Join any server online 2) Have your fov set to 90 (might occur in other fov settings as...
  8. H

[Game] Serious Sam 3 Trailer

Croteam released a Serious Sam 3 trailer recently. Looks great in my opinion, anyone else here a fan of mindless fun in COOP? And for those who don't know much about Serious Sam its basically all about kicking butt old school with friends in COOP. Its quite the opposite of RO in every possible...
  9. H

[Game] Hitman Absolution

A teaser for the new Hitman game titled Absolution has made its way onto the web. Anyone else on these boards that like the Hitman games by IO Interactive? Pretty sure it's been about 5-6 years since the last one, which in my opinion was an excellent game...
  10. H

[Game] IL2 sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Press Release/Video

*Update* The EPILEPSY Filter will be optional even in the west, problem solved! (dev source http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19645) Some video updates gathered here: YouTube - Cliffs of Dover trailer (IL-2 Sturmovik) YouTube - "Air battle" (IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover) YouTube -...
  11. H

Clipping/Glitching

As with any first person shooter this problem occurs quite often, especially in games where there are no real projectiles such as Cod, Bf and where the gunshots/laser-beam just extracts from the center of your screen. To define what I am talking about, if you go prone behind a sandbag and then...
  12. H

Intresting podcast about PC gaming with John and PC GAMER

Not sure if its posted or discussed already. Anyway, PC Gamer recorded a rather interesting podcast with John Gibson from TW, where they discuss the current state of PC gaming, FPS innovation , the recent "joke quotes" from Bobby Kotich, Sales, Console Vs PC and a lot more such as realism in...