• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

"make a difference" balance announcment

Well, it's still to be seen if the new changes will turn casual players off toward Normal and Hard. Personally I think that while the balance is getting very good at Suicidal, it feels a tad uneven at Normal. Pipes, launchers, and the AA12 are still just as easy as before to solo a FP with, while the Xbow requires assistance even though it arguably takes more skill to tag a FP with multiple headshots.

Yes, but normal nonetheless was harder. It's normal; it really isn't meant to be difficult for us verterans. However, the xbow and katana changes, as well as the clot change and double-rage FP all make a idfference on normal. While nowadays, FPs get inta-bowed on normal, in the beta an xbow to the face kills not even a scrake (in fact, scrakes took quite a few bolts if I recall.)

Right now the beta has a cut-off line and low supply which both reserves it more for veterans or at least good players. Trust me, playing normal on a pub server will become much harder if implemented. In general, pub servers would become much harder. I mean, the beta servers are the equivalent of private servers, which are never too hard becuase everyone has the unspoken agreement to work as a team and listen to others.

Upvote 0
"Hard" is still "Normal" if you got a lv4 perk so nothing will probably change all too radically.
In fact the only big thing that changed is the xbows effectiveness.
If you can't handle the game anymore because of that it only goes to show the (way too) huge impact the xbow has on the game right now.

Reactions: Entangler
Upvote 0
"Hard" is still "Normal" if you got a lv4 perk so nothing will probably change all too radically.
In fact the only big thing that changed is the xbows effectiveness.
If you can't handle the game anymore because of that it only goes to show the (way too) huge impact the xbow has on the game right now.

good point. however, I will enjoy watching people from all difficulties dieing like crazy due to xbow addiction. However, if they still die on begginner, I will laugh my head off.

Upvote 0
you all bring up valid concerns and speculation, but i don't like to see it as "tripwire is making the game more difficult" i like to see it as "tripwire is making the game more challenging"

yoshi said he invited a broad range of people into the beta, i'm sure they have a varying range of skill level between all of them. i'm confident they'll work out all the kinks before the update is released

Upvote 0
Just to keep my comment short

1 - The Berserker DOESNT NEED TO BE TOUCHED! only thing that does is the chainsaw. Those other lines are useless. Autofire Katana my ***, I dont want the berserker turning into the class for carebears. You strike with a Katana, you dont hold down the trigger. Lean how to play a Beserker or don't play it at all. Well you still can, but you'd suck :p

Some of the other changes are sketchy, seems to me the devs havent thought things throught. Only acouple nice changes, many concerning changes <.<

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't get this.
Why are some people against katana autofire as if it means the end of the world?
Do you really need something to complain about that badly?

Anyone who actually is in the beta: Does the berserker now suddenly take less skill because of the katana changes?

Last edited:
Reactions: meatloaf
Upvote 0
Those other lines are useless. Autofire Katana my ***, I dont want the berserker turning into the class for carebears. You strike with a Katana, you dont hold down the trigger.

I agree with this. Autofire for melee weapons dont have feeling.

Other thing of this update what i didnt like was this. - Remove stun effect of Melee attacks from classes that are not Beserker.

It was great to use weapons like Axe and Katana with other perks. It was fun, suits in the game. It gives you more weapons to choose!

A timing for secondary fire was very enjoyable to use when zed gets near and u get him/her. Now its useles for other perks to use if this comes to the Game.

All Other things of that update is Great, and im really looking forward to play. Only those 2 really ... really... Sucks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I agree with this. Autofire for melee weapons dont have feeling.

My *** has no feeling.
You are against something that doesn't even effect the way you play in the slightest, wanting it to be impossible for everyone else based on the sole reason that "it doesn't feel right"?!
I wish I was kidding when saying that is the one and only "reason" against it I have ever heard (ad nauseum) so far.
What the hell is wrong with you?

Are you even in the beta?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well Katana autofire doesnt bother me, if u still can use it like normal. My worries was that that has changed somehow. If its not, and u can also use it like before, its just fine.

Also IMHO i would like to see that there would be somekind of benefit if you dont use autofire.

No, i was not in beta.

IMO Some things in games are cooler, when u must do something to "earn" it. Like with LAW, you must look ironsight. Some player would suggest, that u dont have to look ironsight to shoot - this thing wouldnt be good, cool anymore, Biggest weapon and you even dont have to aim? Little things. I think manually happened melee is cooler, than automatic melee. Red Orchestra there was option, where u must manually load ammo for Tank. These little things are cool. I would like to see in KF, that if you shoot when crouch, recoil is slightly smaller. Small things, but cool effects, and somekind of benefit if you are doing it Hard Way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well you can not w+m1 through hordes because of the lowered attackspeed of the katana (not that you ever really could), you have to pick them off 1 by 1.
Especially with the lowered attackspeed.
Picking swings is still being rewarded with, well, staying alive longer.
Same concept as with the ax (which always had autofire, mind you).
The autofire helps with scrakes though or generally in every situation in which you just want to slice something you can't miss up asap.

It's fine, it works, there's no reason to get rid of it again.
If you don't believe me, try signing up for the beta to see it for yourself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How do we sign up? Not that i would, i busted my right hand by wrangling with gravity. It's a bloody son of a *****. At least nothing is broken. And that just two days before The Ball gets released.

Well, i'm not that much handicapped, i'm left handed. But still, i use the mouse with my right hand, which bloody hurts. Stupid gravity.

Upvote 0
[URL]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=639243&postcount=69[/URL]

The last thing I know is that they're still adding more testers because the servers are empty most of the time.
Dunno if that's still the case. My timezone is so freaky, all servers are almost always empty whenever I get on.

Oh... isn't it over already? If not may be I would like to sign up too.

One side question, do demos get enough money for their pipes and ammo? Or they need money from other palyers?

Upvote 0