• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Medal Of Honor (2010)

Sigh...

Yet another game that started successfully in a WW2 setting and has gotten away from its roots by going to modern warfare and it has competitive arena-style PvP matches, a level-up system and weapons with attachments.

No thank you.

PvP is usually used to refer to rpg's. But yeah as has been said over and over, MoH has nothing fresh or innovative.

Upvote 0
Started the beta yesterday and I am definitely getting this game. One of the first things I noticed, the sounds. Now the sounds in bad company 2 are great, but in MoH they are much better, especially... especially the weapons. They are louder, stronger, they actually sounds as they should, powerful.

The action is more fast paced, but this is mostly due to the more contained spaces of battle. The Combat Mission game type is my favorite... out of the two available on the demo. It is very similar to rush, complete the objective, and keep on moving to the next. Creates clearly defined front lines, which creates more memorable firefights, and people seem to provide support to each other and stay close.

Funny thing, little of a side note; when I first fired up the game, I came in there blasting, with great kill streaks and kill/death ratio. Played on the same server for about 30min. Took a break and joined another server, and then I sucked horribly, at one point my K/D ratio was 3/11. WTF?

Anyway, great game.

Upvote 0
True dat, but I don't see why PvP is mainly for RPGs. I can see why it's a term that is actually used because it's player-versus-player, but hey, so is a competitive FPS. :p

Generally in multiplayer games, all gameplay is player vs player, in the rare cases that it isn't its called cooperative gameplay.

So in fps games, multiplayer = pvp, and coop is pve

Upvote 0
Generally in multiplayer games, all gameplay is player vs player, in the rare cases that it isn't its called cooperative gameplay.

So in fps games, multiplayer = pvp, and coop is pve

i guess it may have orgionated in rpgs, as fps had 'deathmatch', but seeing as that's an unsophisticated term as DM has evolved, pvp seems more appropriate.

Upvote 0
The point is.... Medal of Honor's multiplayer has never tried to simulate combat the way, say, Red Orchestra does. It has always been DM, TDM and objective-based rounds that are essentially akin to Counter-Strike's de_ maps.

Call of Duty was basically a spin-off/rip-off that touted a single player that would move away from the James Bond stuff and focus more of soldiers in the field (while still having the player do everything and blow up half of the OB West). COD's multiplayer was never all that different from the MOH forumla. Seeing this new Medal of Honor now try to emulate some of the recent elements seen in COD4 like weapon unlocks and ranks is really not suprising or even disappointing - it's just trying to catch the wave it lost 5-8 years ago.

Reactions: LemoN and Oldih
Upvote 0
Wait what?

A logical person can see the huge differences. I mean, obviously the way you die is completely different, in BC2 your body stays upright somehow and only your head tilts to the right or left, while in MoH you get to see yourself enjoy the same death animations as in BC2 when other players die! That's at least 30quid worth of important gameplay features right there gentlemen!!

Upvote 0
Wait what?

A logical person can see the huge differences. I mean, obviously the way you die is completely different, in BC2 your body stays upright somehow and only your head tilts to the right or left, while in MoH you get to see yourself enjoy the same death animations as in BC2 when other players die! That's at least 30quid worth of important gameplay features right there gentlemen!!
Clearly Medal of Honor had 100% more bloom, that's your moneys worth right there.

Upvote 0