• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PAX Audio Interview with Wilsonam

Nimsky

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Elitist Prick Nude Beach
Audio interview (.mp3) with Alan Wilson. :)

http://www.gamecrashers.net/2010/09/11/pax-vice-president-interview-tripwire-interactive/

I love them Google Alerts. :D

Alan-Wilson-Pic.jpg

EDIT: around 3:24 he mentions they researched Pavlov's House. Pavlov map confirmed...? Would be nice. :IS2:

Last edited:
Reactions: Apos
The historical battle idea sounds great.

Hope they put this in, and hope they allow it as an option for multiplayer aswell (Even if its unbalanced it will still be awesome to play.)

I know there are many in the community that absolutely love this. Many of us wish that one day RO/HOS could be on a level that comes close to WWII online. I hear from many new people that are coming over to RO from WWII online that their dream would be WWII online but with RO/HOS. This idea would in a way bring it that much closer. Thank you..

Upvote 0
I don't like that idea with indicators which tells player what is somewhere. How about to leave to player what he can hear? I personally don't need any extra information on the screen, but good ingame audio system and headsets to figure out by self where is teammate or enemy.

But it's realistic! The FOV of your monitor is DRASTICALLY smaller than what you would have in real life. Until the days when we have giant monitors that loop around us 180 degrees stopgaps like this are necessary.

Upvote 0
The historical battle idea sounds great.

Hope they put this in, and hope they allow it as an option for multiplayer aswell (Even if its unbalanced it will still be awesome to play.)

+1. Unbalanced historical maps would be a great addition, and let players feel what as close to the real thing as possible. I can only imagine how fun it would be to be one of those 20 russians in there...crazy.

Of course I'm not saying we should do away with the normal, balanced maps. This is still a game of course.

Upvote 0