• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Is anyone else a bit disappointed?

Have to say initial post is wrong on so many things

Many of the things you dislike will be options that can be user or server set - so wont apply

Graphics is a major step forwards, bloom will almost certainly be a selectable option i sure.

But still come back to the main thing till we actaully try this we will never know how it looks and plays - so benifit of doubt is what we should give TW.

I think it's class leading in so many ways by what we seen so far - and lets not forget there still more to come - Jesus what they gunna unveil next ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
From the recently released trailer and gameplay videos, what I learned about the game that disappointed me so far :
  • Ugly menus. agree
  • Every class gets a sidearm. no they don't
  • Achievements. ?? ignore it if you don't like it
  • Morale system (useless and a console gimmick) wait and see with music (I really don't want to hear it). turn it off in the settings
  • Movement seems as clunky as before. i dont mind if you say it's clunky, but it's definetly miles better than ostfront
  • Animations still seems slow and delayed. alpha. 3rd person animations aren't completed yet
  • The crouch running animation is especially hilarious. I'm sure you would look "hilarious" running while crouched carrying god knows how much equipment while being under fire
  • Gibbing is still only limited to limbs, with predetermined dislocating areas. alpha. but even if it's final, its miles better than any other fps that I know off
  • Big unecessary arrow when you choose a spot for artillery. Agree. I hope this is only for relaxed realism
  • Free aim is always bad in a game no matter how you put it (if you have no way to disabble it). I thought Tripwire would have learned from Arma's mistakes. 100% disagree. You want ppl to draw a dot on the center of the screen and run around like cod then?
  • Unecessary cover system. Create good movements and you won't need one, and this one looks like it will be frustrating as hell, trying to get away from sticky walls... you press a button to cover, it doesn't lock you in
  • Those lame old sounds featured in the trailer (which I hope won't be in the real game).they're placeholders, and imo the ostfront sounds are top notch
  • Zooming with every weapon. Idk if many people remembers when they said they would never fiddle with this).ramm explained how they did testing for this and found out zoom was more realistic
  • Commander mode? really? Is this BF2?it leads to better gameplay
  • Recon plane aka UAV from modern warfare (red dots on a WW2 map? really? worse new feature imo).agree, but they have a delay to make it not as gamey
  • Cap bars, which I never liked, and hoped they could find a way to get rid of.semi-agree. I think the cap bar should be there to let you know if you're capping or not, but it shouldn't show how many more/less ppl you have in there
  • Still no destruction, so same tank issues as before (they didn't show anything with those mortar strikes).watch the videos before posting a rant. they have destruction
  • Useless graphical gimmicks, like with the sniper scope.its not useless. its realistic and pretty neat
  • Elite classes, as seen from the menu (I prefer my game to be fair for everyone?).heroes system, wait and see here.
  • Green fluorescent names over people's head (destroy immersion).how do you know who is next to you without a floating name? all the soldiers on your team would be the same then and you can't give instructions etc.
  • No major graphical differences between this and the old version. It looks the same except for bloom all over the place. Almost looks like a dowgrade, as I liked the grittier version much more.are you blind?
  • Text updates popping up in your face to tells you who is attacking what. I really don't need a game saturated with info. Did they tell you which bombsite the bomb was planted in counter strike?relaxed realism mod
  • MINIMAP!relaxed realism mod
  • Big symbols for cap zones which are seen through walls. Your player base can't learn basic maps?)relaxed realism mode
  • Single player mode is playing with bots with no real story?read the fact thread before going on a rant
  • Bullet time travel is good, but will probably still be linked to user lag, resulting in ridiculous sightings (like a 2 seconds delay at 100 meters, making the game effectively unplayable).the game is fine up to 200 or 250 for me
  • Blind firing makes smgs even more OP: it wasn't needed.rifle is the best weapon in ostfront. blindfire is useless unless they are very close.
  • Still feels like a paying mod overall.the game looks VERY polished for an indie game

On the plus side :
  • Countdown mode sounds interesting.
  • Tanks animations look well done :)IS2:), but seeing your dude from a third person perspective can break the immersion. I hope there is an exit animation too (doubt it).
4char

Upvote 0
From the recently released trailer and gameplay videos, what I learned about the game that disappointed me so far :
  • Ugly menus.
  • Every class gets a sidearm.
  • Achievements.
  • Morale system (useless and a console gimmick) with music (I really don't want to hear it).
  • Movement seems as clunky as before.
  • Animations still seems slow and delayed.
  • The crouch running animation is especially hilarious.
  • Gibbing is still only limited to limbs, with predetermined dislocating areas.
  • Big unecessary arrow when you choose a spot for artillery.
  • Free aim is always bad in a game no matter how you put it (if you have no way to disabble it). I thought Tripwire would have learned from Arma's mistakes.
  • Unecessary cover system. Create good movements and you won't need one, and this one looks like it will be frustrating as hell, trying to get away from sticky walls...
  • Those lame old sounds featured in the trailer (which I hope won't be in the real game).
  • Zooming with every weapon. Idk if many people remembers when they said they would never fiddle with this).
  • Commander mode? really? Is this BF2?
  • Recon plane aka UAV from modern warfare (red dots on a WW2 map? really? worse new feature imo).
  • Cap bars, which I never liked, and hoped they could find a way to get rid of.
  • Still no destruction, so same tank issues as before (they didn't show anything with those mortar strikes).
  • Useless graphical gimmicks, like with the sniper scope.
  • Elite classes, as seen from the menu (I prefer my game to be fair for everyone?).
  • Green fluorescent names over people's head (destroy immersion).
  • No major graphical differences between this and the old version. It looks the same except for bloom all over the place. Almost looks like a dowgrade, as I liked the grittier version much more.
  • Text updates popping up in your face to tells you who is attacking what. I really don't need a game saturated with info. Did they tell you which bombsite the bomb was planted in counter strike?
  • MINIMAP!
  • Big symbols for cap zones which are seen through walls. Your player base can't learn basic maps?)
  • Single player mode is playing with bots with no real story?
  • Bullet time travel is good, but will probably still be linked to user lag, resulting in ridiculous sightings (like a 2 seconds delay at 100 meters, making the game effectively unplayable).
  • Blind firing makes smgs even more OP: it wasn't needed.
  • Still feels like a paying mod overall.

On the plus side :
  • Countdown mode sounds interesting.
  • Tanks animations look well done :)IS2:), but seeing your dude from a third person perspective can break the immersion. I hope there is an exit animation too (doubt it).

I am sorry, there is no nice way to say this, but you're an idiot.

Upvote 0
It's just something one needs to live with.

Lol brainwashed.

It's curious paradox that you're bringing up balance when a game that's more based on realism is fundementally unbalanced regarding certain factors, but what gives you the impression the game suddenly results into huge unbalanced mess?

Still does not address the fundamental issue : elites classes are useless and a terrible mainstream gimmick.

Considering standard map what a platoon HQ might have had at its disposal, adding such unnecessarily huge markings on single buildings would obscure parts of the map critically and I doubt they would intensionally use them that way, and it's unrealistic for every soldier to have such well detailed map in their pockets aswell snarf snarf.

I know, right? Maps with real-time updates (regarding caps)was the standard equipment of every soldier. If it was for me, you would get no map at all, only text objectives. Now we got both a map and huge icons seen through wall. Realism overdose imo.

It's not diffrent with SMGs unless you're at point blank range.

Smg got this thing called spraying.

My point is, everything in HoS is either worse, or has stayed the same from Ostfront, and I don't get how you guys can't see it. How has realism improved in this game? How were the biggest issues fixed? (movements, tanks exit animations, way too much bullet travel time)

It seems like Tripwire is repackaging its game 5 years later with slightly better graphics and new features to please the mainstream market.

Upvote 0
You are wrong, bullet travel time isn't long. Watch the gameplay videos, not the teaser trailer.

Also your early points have been proven as invalid many times over and you still don't respond to those issues, but rather selectively pick out your so called issues to repeat them.

Realism has improved. MGs can be aimed downwards over surfaces, realistic gun collision, tank interiors, bullet penetration, micro freefloat aiming to prevent prone/standing shots on the same spot, shooting over cover, bleeding, fatal injuries, terrain destruction (deformation isn't in, is it? :( ) and many more already known things.

Upvote 0
Too much bullet travel time? Where was that demonstrated?

Movement was never an issue. That "floatyness" is momentum which was determined to be realistic long before RO went retail. Without it, people could just pop in and out of cover and it would be a worse game of whack-a-mole than it is now.

And how hasn't realism improved? We've already seen a stack of new features that build on what Ostfront pioneered.

Upvote 0
i dont mind if you say it's clunky, but it's definetly miles better than ostfront. At least you agree it was bad in Ostfront. From what I've seen it stayed exactly the same.
I'm sure you would look "hilarious" running while crouched carrying god knows how much equipment while being under fire. Still doesn't address the fact it's easily one of the worst animation I've ever seen in a fps.
how do you know who is next to you without a floating name? all the soldiers on your team would be the same then and you can't give instructions etc. Allow players to customize their avatar.
are you blind? Yes. The bloom did it.
the game is fine up to 200 or 250 for me You don't realize how bad the delay is because you're probably a noob.
rifle is the best weapon in ostfront. blindfire is useless unless they are very close. Rifle is great against good players. Take a smg on any random public server and rape everything in sight. Blindfire makes camping a chokepoint with a smg even more easy, maybe even more than with a mg.

Oh and the problem with achievement is that it detracts from normal gameplay. If there is an achievement which require you to get 100 kills with a pistol, you can be sure there will be tons of squad leaders out there throwing their smg at spawn trying to get those kills and failing miserably, ultimately costing their team the victory.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peter.Steele
Upvote 0
Blindfire would be a problem, but they call it BLINDfire for a reason.

People can only spray to hold a chokepoint for so long, and if he doesn't move he'll be eating a grenade.

Show me one feature which improved realism. And it has to be something not simply related to graphics.

MGs pivoting on their bipods, sniper rifles allowing one to use ironsights, first person weapons collide with the environment, do you need any more? I can point you to the thread that lists these sorts of things.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My point is, everything in HoS is either worse, or has stayed the same from Ostfront, and I don't get how you guys can't see it. How has realism improved in this game? How were the biggest issues fixed? (movements, tanks exit animations, way too much bullet travel time)

It seems like Tripwire is repackaging its game 5 years later with slightly better graphics and new features to please the mainstream market.

What the f-

Movement never was a problem, first of all. Seriously. It's fine as is. It needs some tweaking, but it's not so big as you're making it out to be.

How have they improved the realism? Hhhhmmm, let's see:

- Tanks. Everything about tanks.
- Bullet penetration.
- They way bipods/tripods function.
- Dialing in of scopes and sights.
- Bleeding out is featured ("slow death").
- Weapon collision; weapons collide with everything.
- Destruction system. Tanks shouldn't get hung up on crap so much.
- Made the player limit go up to 64 players. Now we can have 2 full strength platoons going at it (original game claimed to be platoon-to-platoon combat with 32 players)
- Do I need to keep going?

Last of all, I am amazed at how stupid you are.

Yes it was. I don't have the hearth to dig old threads, but with a ping over 50 it started to increase the bullet time delay noticeably. Of course it gets worse the higher your ping is.

Oh, so that's why I have never noticed th-

Oh wait, no. That's bad for your point, isn't it?

Note: Of course I notice that when I have pings around 400, but that just lags everything.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
MGs pivoting on their bipods, sniper rifles allowing one to use ironsights, first person weapons collide with the environment, do you need any more? I can point you to the thread that lists these sorts of things.

Yes, point me to the thread. I won't buy a new game if there is only these 3 small upgrades differentiating it from its predecessor. (with a ton of worse I don't take into balance)

Upvote 0
Why are you even arguing with this guy??? Me and Pagan both thought this.........
obvious-troll.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0