• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dislike the Dislikes :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
just to note, i didn't bring this up only just for my sake, but for countless others who've been having this happen to them. the only reason why i've now decided to post about it is because i'm starting to understand how those other "victims" feel about it. some people like blacklabel don't care, hence his cancerous attitude and "infamous" reputation. however some people, such as myself, care enough about human decency to post about it and are willing to take the backlash of the **** people are bound to throw at us......and that's because yes, i really don't care that much about it, or i wouldn't willing be posting knowing full well that my rep will most likely be dropping as a result ;)

however:

Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting 'flame bait' type messages is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.

those are the forum rules and people are being allow to violate them without being held accountable. sure people will laugh about it, probably even moderators and devs are finding this amusing, but like i said, i really don't care that much to be concerned about that. however that's not going to stop me from pointing out that this feature is being abused and those who have the authority to stop it appear to be too arrogant to do so.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I never downrate a post just because I disagree with that person, unless it's a really stupid post. I see others do that as well and it's not a bad thing IMO. Some people just deserve it. :p But downvoting somebody's post just because you disagree with him, or because his English is poor is kinda lame. For the most part though the ratings seem to work pretty well.

If you really care that much about the rating system, just don't complain about it, because you will be downrated. That's just how the internet works. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Harb and Moyako
Upvote 0
just to note, i didn't bring this up only just for my sake, but for countless others who've been having this happen to them. the only reason why i've now decided to post about it is because i'm starting to understand how those other "victims" feel about it.

What people are you refering to ? Where the legions of crushed souls due to getting a - for a posting ? Are those "victims" defenseless so they need YOU to be the knight in shining armor ? Come on...

some people like blacklabel don't care, hence his cancerous attitude and "infamous" reputation. however some people, such as myself, care enough about human decency to post about it and are willing to take the backlash of the **** people are bound to throw at us......

I dont care about that function that is true. Why ? because i think its utterly useless in its core and just some thing that got thrown in quickly and dosent serve any purpose whatsoever ( well besides spawning threads like this one ) But i like that you quoted the forum rules right after having written that higly inflammatory post of yours. Hooray for double standarts. :D

Upvote 0
I've got no secrets:

+ repped fiftyone for the flying IS2

- repped blacklabel because I want to see how many red buttons he can get =)

:IS2:

This is what everyone does.
If you have a :IS2: anywhere in your post, it's a +1.
If you have no :IS2:, you don't get voted.
If more than 1-2 people have voted negative on someone, everyone else will vote negative too.

Upvote 0
This is what everyone does.
If you have a :IS2: anywhere in your post, it's a +1.
If you have no :IS2:, you don't get voted.
If more than 1-2 people have voted negative on someone, everyone else will vote negative too.

Your theory has been proved wrong. You have two :IS2:'s, and you are getting minused all to hell and gone. (Note, I was already out of +/- for the day when I got to this thread.)

And as far as people minusing just because someone else already did ... well, maybe it's just that whatever it was that you said really was just that lame?

Upvote 0
Your theory has been proved wrong. You have two :IS2:'s, and you are getting minused all to hell and gone. (Note, I was already out of +/- for the day when I got to this thread.)

And as far as people minusing just because someone else already did ... well, maybe it's just that whatever it was that you said really was just that lame?

"After all, tomorrow is another day".

Reactions: Moyako
Upvote 0
What people are you refering to ? Where the legions of crushed souls due to getting a - for a posting ? Are those "victims" defenseless so they need YOU to be the knight in shining armor ? Come on...

you should hang out in the KF forums more, then you'd have an idea what i'm talking about. some actually have posted about it, people like YoYoBatty (his thread got trolled like this one has). most of the others i'd imagine are too afraid to post about it in fear that their thread would get trolled and as a result would get more dislikes and lowered rep. while i realize that would happen, i don't care enough to let it stop me from bringing up an issue with this feature that's causing some disturbing behavior. nobody appointed me to do it, but i'm more than happy to make a point of it regardless......you imply that i'm apparently just looking for attention because i've made an issue of it. interesting coming from the person that is encouraging people to "dislike" his posts just to see how "infamous" he can get......sounds like somebody's trying to get some attention doesn't it?

But i like that you quoted the forum rules right after having written that higly inflammatory post of yours. Hooray for double standarts. :D

how is it inflammatory when you yourself had previously commented about your lack of caring about the feature and your reputation? all the comment was doing was confirming an attitude that you had already established. that's not actually a double standard.....it's just you attempting to make it look as such with the intention of trying to make me look like a hypocrite ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I bet he'll have a reputation close to a KT soon enough! :IS2:
Brilliant idea sir! :D Have an IS2:IS2:

Don't mind Blacklabel, hes just doing everything he can to get the 2nd most ultimate title. Then when he becomes the first to reach a reputation close to that of a KT, a holy war between IS2 and KT, heaven and hell will erupt on the forums and a utopia of fallen forum code structures and bloody smiley emocons will be birthed at the conclusion of the battle.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
the thing is, ppl can complain about getting their rep lowered unjustly - but if they're being honest, does it deserve to be that high in the first place?

I mean there's plenty of ppl with high rep, myself included, and a i wonder - where are they making all these notable posts of worth?
cos i'm not seeing them.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.