• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gamescon 2010 HEROES videos

I speak Dutch. The only new thing in this movies is at the end of the 2nd video : a fully automatic AVT-40 (some prototype like the MKB42, this part is in English :) )

I didn't know there are Dutch people working with TWI :cool:
I'm privileged enough to say that I'm dutch too here!
It's a pity he uses too many non-dutch words because he just doesnt knows his own language that well ;)

Upvote 0
Nice, a presentation in Dutch. I guess there were enough Dutchies there to warrant a presentation in Dutch.

Who is the guy doing the presentation, Sasquatch? Does he still work for you guys?

EDIT: you can really see Ramm sucking less when he doesn't have to talk at the same time ;) :D

EDIT 2: one thing he said was that people who follow the squad leader's orders also actually get points for that. Not sure if that is new info, but it is for me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
One new thing was said in that video though:
Not only the commander will get to see the red dots on the minimap after aerial recon does its job, but the squad leaders as well, just after a delay to simulate the commander relaying the information through to the SL's after hearing it himself from the spy plane.

Seeing that the maps shown so far has usually 1 commander + 3 SL's, that would mean that a maximum of 4 people should be able to see the dots, and most likely by the time the SL's get the info it will be slightly outdated as people may have moved on.

Upvote 0
well the old dev team can be found in ostfront and mod manuals etc.

What i would like to see is what the current team is and what its setup like.
Well, all those of us working for the company at inception are still on board. A few have moved on over the 5 years - but we're a bit bigger now than we were then :)

Upvote 0
"pause at 0:24, you'll see a little white dot to the left border of the screen, thats a peripheral vision indicator".

Look at 0:58 you will see two white dots on the left and then what looks like a near miss or gun flash on the wall.

What are the white dots indicating ? Friends, foes or bullet direction.
Perhaps we are seeing an incident of near friendly fire.

EDIT: Looks like it indicates the presence of enemy before they have actually fired. I hope I'm wrong!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Regarding the recon-plane feature:

I wonder if the recon-plane will also be able to spot snipers when they are somewhere in the open field (not covered by a building) ? I think it would not be that realistic and also could be some kind of spoiler for the gameplay, since snipers benefit from their camouflage. That is at least, as long as the sniper is not running around of course.

Maybe it could be programmed that a sniper does not get spotted by the recon-plane if he does not move (or fires) while the plane is flying over ?

Or maybe we could even extend this idea to all infantry and make them 'unspottable' as long as they don't fire their weapon and are keeping still while the plane is there. Of course, none of the soldiers would know if they are spotted or not, but at least they have to chose to keep quiet or proceed fighting as long as the plane is there. This could also trigger situations in which soldiers are forced to react (finding cover for example) and get spotted in the process. Soldiers could also chose to fire at the plane (to take it down) and get spotted or stay put and let the plane proceed, keeping themselves ‘unspotted’ but risking their comrades and friendly tanks/vehicles getting spotted. That kind of tactical situations regarding the recon-plane would be very cool if you ask me.

In my opinion, this idea could make the immersion and sense of realism higher and actually make the recon-plane-feature more attractive. Soldiers would have to keep their ears open at all times and could warn their comrades for an incomming recon-plane.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
YouTube - Gamescom Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad Gameplay Part 2/2

pause at 0:24, you'll see a little white dot to the left border of the screen, thats a peripheral vision indicator =)

:IS2:

I gues Ramm was playing back then, he noticed the dot, turned around but could not find the enemy, turned back, saw the dot again and turned once again to look for the enemy.
That's a bit weird that you could notice smth in your peripheral vision but not when you're looking right at it.

Upvote 0