• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

There will be vehicles

Everyone keeps on asking for the ground to shake when a tank is driving.
Please people have you ever stood beside a big tractor or back hoe, the ground doesn't shake! The engine would be completely inefficient if the whole god danm thing shook the ground when it was on.
I do agree with ground trembling when shells hit nearby.

The ground does tremble noticeably (/ sound vibrates or whatever), atleast with modern CV9030 IFV or Leopard 2A4 (roughly same weight as Tiger). I almost got an orgasm in the army when a engineers Bridge-laying Leopard drove past us at basic training + I've driven both of them and been close to both when they've driven around so I know that you can feel it when it's closing in :)

PS. It feels kinda awesome to drive a 55ton Leopard 2A4 Main Battle tank 68km/h in combat excercise.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
if they went in and added things like "Recon Plane", i really doubt that they just left that icon in as a placeholder......what would it be holding the place for?

me thinks somebody made a boo-boo.......just like in march when somebody let it slip they still needed references for the g41 or mentioned the game would release in 2011.....or how they edited out the info regarding the target range that mentioned vehicles :p

You forgot option 3, maybe we had vehicles at some point, cut them from the game, but forgot to take out that icon?

Upvote 0
I'm sure there will be tanks as we know devs try to reach the bigger audience, tanks is what's gonna attract people the most. There's no way they wouldn't take a oppurtunity from it. It's like some kids look at the game and say "another ww2 shooter" but if they'll see tanks they will probably go like wow that might be fun I gotta try it.

Upvote 0
I only hope (if there will be tanks) all the armor data and penetrations will be realistic if not at least like Combat Mission game. If it will be same as RO:Ost I'm not sure if many people will be intersted anymore, well unless the younger generations.

The calculations of combat mission are way out of the possible scope of HoS.

Upvote 0
I only hope (if there will be tanks) all the armor data and penetrations will be realistic if not at least like Combat Mission game. If it will be same as RO:Ost I'm not sure if many people will be intersted anymore, well unless the younger generations.

I'm pretty sure the armor penetration will be more detailed, but I'm pretty sure they're sticking with similar penetration values (excluding the obvious bugs). Wilsonam stated several times their research from multiple sources lead to the penetration values they used. They're pretty skeptical of some of the German sources that made the Panzers seem way too uber compared to other tanks.

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure the armor penetration will be more detailed, but I'm pretty sure they're sticking with similar penetration values (excluding the obvious bugs). Wilsonam stated several times their research from multiple sources lead to the penetration values they used. They're pretty skeptical of some of the German sources that made the Panzers seem way too uber compared to other tanks.

Penetration values in RO1 are not that bad, it's only major stuff like no seperate armor value for turret and hull and angling on 1 or 11 o' clock that protects a tank far too much makes RO tanks ridicilous.

Last edited:
Upvote 0