• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

4PLAYERS.DE article & Screenshots

Well actually, we just DID get some evidence. Red dots on the map, recon plane and less-than-5-seconds bandages.

Or are you denying this?

No, you are still assuming evidence.

Shots that cause you to bleed out cannot be bandaged, some minor wounds if left untreated will turn into bleed outs.

And just like our abstracted artillery system, a commander who sits at a radio and calls in air support can receive communications from that plane about targets it has visual contact with.

Wait for the beta and some hands on time with the systems before judging them.

Upvote 0

Shots that cause you to bleed out cannot be bandaged, some minor wounds if left untreated will turn into bleed outs.

And just like our abstracted artillery system, a commander who sits at a radio and calls in air support can receive communications from that plane about targets it has visual contact with.

Aye I still need to save up for that bribery beta money :D

Upvote 0

This! :IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2:

Reactions: DraKon2k
Upvote 0
Comes under the ehading of "don't be silly"... but ignoring all that...

We are making the game more accessible. The aim is to attract more people to the RO style of gameplay - not make RO into CoD. If that makes the game more "casual-friendly", then it will be. We want the learning curve to be smaller, less hard. But the gameplay will be at least as "challenging" in its overall complexity. Ideally, it will be much easier for people to learn to play the game - but it will be at least as challenging as ever to get really good at it!
Might as well copy/paste this into a notepad file.

There will be fools who see a feature and say "wow battlefield/cod :/" after EVERY media release.

Upvote 0
Can't wait to take one out with my IS-2 *

I actually was thinking of the Storch when I heard about recon planes. Storchs usually did around 50-60 mph or so - easy to hit. I can't think of a Soviet equivalent.

* Of course the IS-2 will be in, they all had built in Flux Capacitors - so 1942-43 isn't a problem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polikarpov_Po-2

Gonna go ahead and give this suggestion for the Soviet recon plane. In a lot of litterature I've read that handles the Eastern Front, and the southern sector in particular, this gets mentioned.

Upvote 0

We can only judge on what we have seen. And from what we have seen of the recon plane is enough evidence to tell that it's a gamey feature. No reassuring of TWI will change this for me in any way.

Bleeding is a thing that you can discuss, as you can't clearly know where and when someone has been hit. This clearly is a feature where we have to wait and see how it turns out. I'm not 100% happy with the system but this is something that I can live with and can easily be changed.

Upvote 0
or just scrap it all together :cool:

seriously, we're talking max 32v32 player battles......would high command actually waste resources such as a recon plane on such a small engagement? that in addition to everything Lemon has already pointed out, this feature isn't realistic at all and to me just looks like a cheap way to get "mainstream" players into the game. don't things like the fire indicators already cater enough to them?

Actually, the idea is to simulate hundreds of soldiers with the reinforcements. So the battle is not based on 64 people, but 400-500.

Upvote 0
We can only judge on what we have seen. And from what we have seen of the recon plane is enough evidence to tell that it's a gamey feature. No reassuring of TWI will change this for me in any way.

Bleeding is a thing that you can discuss, as you can't clearly know where and when someone has been hit. This clearly is a feature where we have to wait and see how it turns out. I'm not 100% happy with the system but this is something that I can live with and can easily be changed.

Agreed, and what we have seen is an Alpha with countless placeholders and unfinished systems. For sanitys sake, calm down :rolleyes::p

Upvote 0
How about we wait till we can actually play it before we jump to conclusions.

Agreed, and what we have seen is an Alpha with countless placeholders and unfinished systems. For sanitys sake, calm down :rolleyes::p

If it wouldn't stay like that then TWI would have said that the recon plane isn't final and is going to change. Instead TWI chose to defend this system by one floppy historical argument and by saying "it's just a game".

PS: Having the plane come in with a time delay isn't going to change that it's ridiculous.

Simple question for TWI:
Is the system of seeing red dots on your map in the instant the aeroplane flies over the area going to change? If not then we don't have to discuss any further and the arguments of "wait till you see it in action" are invalid. Is it going to be in the realism mode in any way?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In the vid, I think Ramm mentioned the dots on the map vanish once the commander leaves the radio. So my guess is only the SL on the radio gets the intel.

Then I don't think that it's as bad as LemoN makes it sound.
Still though, I would change it to area report rather than individual dots. It would be more realistic, and IMHO more interesting and innovative.

Upvote 0
Then I don't think that it's as bad as LemoN makes it sound.
Still though, I would change it to area report rather than individual dots. It would be more realistic, and IMHO more interesting and innovative.

Yeah, it's would be functionally the same, and at least to me seem less (wait for it) gamey.

I suppose if Storchs and Po-2 were used in this liason manner, I don't see why they shouldn't be in the game to some degree. I do think a flight delay or window of opportunity would make them fit the realism aspect of the game better. But it all comes down to gameplay really.

Edit: Looks like they sped up the plane appearance for the demo. Other thread shows it'll either be delayed or have a window of opportunity, or both.
TWI said:
For demonstration purposes the plane comes in quickly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
imo it should only be possible for the SL to get the information from that plane, UAV whatever. as i know until now, this is the status quo.

what i dont want is that he calls in the UAV and everyone (COD) sees the red dots on the map.
for me it would be ok if the SL is responsible to transfer this info to his mates. this feature would make the SL more important (knowing the map, etc) for the game especially in CWs.
how often it can be used, and in what way this will be in ROHOS .. hm, i am thrilled.

another point which doesnt attract me is the speed of moving .. this soldiers were tired, hungry etc, carrying their equipement though and then .. they sprint faster (my feeling) as in ROOST, a bit too fast.
dont get me wrong: i am not saying, well, keep RO with better graphics (although i would by the game then for sure - when u d keep an eye on bugs etc) but putting new things, ideas in the game is ok, if it is still RO - and not a mainstream shooter - a hard and small line imo.

as long as i dont have to see this 10 metres knife kill like in MW2 id be "happy" ;D

i ll trust u guys

Upvote 0
imo it should only be possible for the SL to get the information from that plane, UAV whatever. as i know until now, this is the status quo.

what i dont want is that he calls in the UAV and everyone (COD) sees the red dots on the map.
for me it would be ok if the SL is responsible to transfer this info to his mates. this feature would make the SL more important (knowing the map, etc) for the game especially in CWs.
how often it can be used, and in what way this will be in ROHOS .. hm, i am thrilled.

another point which doesnt attract me is the speed of moving .. this soldiers were tired, hungry etc, carrying their equipement though and then .. they sprint faster (my feeling) as in ROOST, a bit too fast.
dont get me wrong: i am not saying, well, keep RO with better graphics (although i would by the game then for sure - when u d keep an eye on bugs etc) but putting new things, ideas in the game is ok, if it is still RO - and not a mainstream shooter - a hard and small line imo.

as long as i dont have to see this 10 metres knife kill like in MW2 id be "happy" ;D

i ll trust u guys

I think the movement speed is much better than in ROOST.
IMHO one of the major things that was hard for me to get used to was the inertia and movement speed. Sometimes it seemed like you're a 90 tons bowling ball.

Upvote 0