• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Poundamonium Mutator

Yes thats what the post said 1-30 man non perk and 1-6 man leveling server both were very popular. Im glad you are paying attention. How about the fact that you can keep purchasing pipe bombs as long as the trader is open.You think that might contribute to the whoring?. Anyways thanks for the responses I'm going to go cry myself to sleep now.

Yes it does contribute to the level whoring which is why I don't do it.

Believe it or not some poeple like myself have a modicum of integrity and deliberately avoid things they disagree with, even if it gives them a massive advantage. Hell I even avoid using the pistol if I can help it because I hate the overpowered nature of the Sharpshooter and don't want to full bar it.

I have levelled every single one of my perks legit, and I will admit it I kinda resent it when people cheat their way up to my level by exploting or level grinding, and as such I also resent the people like yourself who run the servers for grinding.

/close thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: SMIFF
Upvote 0
Wrong. Idlers != cheaters.
What was punished was the use of a third party program, not the idling itself.
And yes, a lot of people argued with it because it took valve months before saying anything about it.
The point is, third party program or not, they skipping experiences that the devs intended them to experience and that they worked hard to produce for the players. They have every right to make players actually play the game they made, if that's how they intended it. You don't like it, you don't play it; simple as that. These servers were the equivelent of a shortcut in a racing game, right at the start of the course that takes you instantly to the finish. If you're not going to play a game properly, don't play it at all I say.

Upvote 0
In my opinion, they should implement a "leveling handicap" on specimen only mutators, so instead of getting full or no experience at all, it should give perhaps 50% of the experience normally gained. More or less depending on what seems best. This way, youd still level up but not as quickly as it used to be.

Maybe TWI has time for it after the next content update. Or maybe not.

Reactions: Slappy Cromwell
Upvote 0
I actually don't care if I have perks or not, I just see how long I can survive without them either just for the fun of that or just for the fun of it period. I liked the KFmod better wen u had to qualify for perks and it too FOREVER, and once u did have a perk it wasn't that much of an advantage but it was better than nothing xD

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In my opinion, they should implement a "leveling handicap" on specimen only mutators, so instead of getting full or no experience at all, it should give perhaps 50% of the experience normally gained. More or less depending on what seems best. This way, youd still level up but not as quickly as it used to be.

Then everyone would still use them, coupled with the many map exploits out there, to still level up easily.
Just will take Twice as long.

Upvote 0

Isnt that like the 'graylist' that someone else mentioned?, its an ok idea, but like i said before, 50% is still too much

15% at the most

Upvote 0

That is a great idea. I only pray that it will happen

Im tired of the lack of poundamonium servers and players
who would be ok with a graylist, but still want perks! (and its real fun with these lower level guys on wave 1, and even more fun to be one!)

Upvote 0
A graylist should never be created. KEPT is testing the maps to make sure they don't have exploits. Our job is not to judge the difficulty of certain maps. If the map is way too easy, then we suggest to make it harder and Xienen decides what to do next (approve it or not). But it is not our job to decided if a map is easy and TWI doesnt have the time to do this.

And a Graylist would confuse even more players: ''This map is broken, i only gain 30% of my xp :('' Which would probably result in a massive amount of players, spaming the forums because they think a certain map is not working properly (because we all know that new forum members dont use the search function).

Upvote 0
A graylist should never be created. KEPT is testing the maps to make sure they don't have exploits. Our job is not to judge the difficulty of certain maps. If the map is way too easy, then we suggest to make it harder and Xienen decides what to do next (approve it or not). But it is not our job to decided if a map is easy and TWI doesnt have the time to do this.

And a Graylist would confuse even more players: ''This map is broken, i only gain 30% of my xp :('' Which would probably result in a massive amount of players, spaming the forums because they think a certain map is not working properly (because we all know that new forum members dont use the search function).

Yes, I understand if TWI has not enough time. But still, its a really fun feature that is dieing off due to blacklisting (also since many players have 'perks enabled only' on their filter settings), and I would love to see it back. So what if there is some more angry noobs who cant farm?

It's easy for you to say 'oh we dont need a feature if it makes my forums more noobish!', but thats like taking away suicidal cuz it gives candljack (only a hypothetical example) a headache for some reason. Or perhaps deleting the berserker perk since it starts with a 'b'. Normally I would consider my statement to be annoying, but you must defend those features you love, so no offense to you olivier

But its all up to TWI anyways, so let them decide.

And sorry again candlejack for using your name in vain!

Upvote 0