• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Call of Duty: Black Ops

Yeah, those constant dog attacks on its tiny maps were nothing compared to it. :p

On top of the killstreaks and perks, the weapons killed part of the immersion for me. Japs with extended mag MP40's and/or suppressors. Just plain wierd. :(

Oh i remember now! Asylum with an Arty strike right on your spawn point + dogs = frustration :mad:

And i don't remember Japs using MP40's D:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh of course. Shotguns are also secondaries, so you can carry two shotguns (or dual G18's are also broken). That means you can carry an Assault Rifle/LMG, a Javelin Launcher, two shotguns, a special nade, and a grenade while sprinting top speed.

Still not enough hilarity? I've successfully won far too many games using ONLY a knife. Lightweight, Marathon pro, Commando pro, some stuns, and a pistol with a tactical knife. You run riduclously fast, have a fast knife, and can stab someone from a few meters away. Just take wide flanks, get like 5 people in a group. See someone up ahead that is facing your general direction? Stun him, circle wide and stab him in the kidney.

This.
I use LMC for lulz, I manage to run into their spawn since the maps are so small, and stab most of them within seconds, since the knife is bugged and if you knife someone as they shoot you, their rounds disappear.
Same with killing someone as you shoot a rifle or say a rocket / throw grenade. It just disappears.

Also, they turned Wasteland into a campfest. IT was a great S&D map.

Upvote 0
seeing as this thread has become 'the woes of modern military FPS games' in general, i don't mind asking....
in what ways, if any, does MW2 outshine the first one, regarding SP and/or MP?

As far as modern day COD go in MP, i particularly dislike the perks, the recon/airstrike and the way weapons are not unique to either side.
This effected WaW more, which in MP i really didn't get on with at all.

If there were mutator servers that removed these things plus the x hairs - i recon that COd 4 would be pretty good in S&D.
COD4 was slick that's for sure, but for me nothing touches COD:UO, including the MoH series.

Speaking of which, i thought airborne was reasonably good and have more faith in this upcoming game than any future cod release.

Upvote 0
Well I guess MW2 has a few more 'shock'/wtf moments than the first one(though the nuke made me shiver back then), though it's also a bit ridiculous because you play like 4 different characters of which like 3 get shot/burned(scripted) or whatever.

you mean, running into a building in the first 5 seconds of a match, and having an Akimbo model 1887 person one shot you?
yes.

Upvote 0
DOUBLE POST

Word on the street is, Blackops is shipping with an RC CAR for the prestige (or whatever) edition.

Can they make a game anymore for kids?

They buff everything, no recoil everything, give kids what they wanted (Akimbo everything), shove in some crappy maps, then make it ten times easier so the enemy always knows where you are.
Then they add an RC car.
I wonder how long it takes until kids finally get bored of:

Walk to corner, crouch, turn, ADS at door , wait.

Upvote 0
DOUBLE POST

Word on the street is, Blackops is shipping with an RC CAR for the prestige (or whatever) edition.

Can they make a game anymore for kids?

They buff everything, no recoil everything, give kids what they wanted (Akimbo everything), shove in some crappy maps, then make it ten times easier so the enemy always knows where you are.
Then they add an RC car.
I wonder how long it takes until kids finally get bored of:

Walk to corner, crouch, turn, ADS at door , wait.

Men in their thirties will still buy it.

Upvote 0
Tonight's MP reveal was apparently a huge hit with everyone in attendance.

Steamworks integration
Steam will be the PC version's DRM
VAC is the anti-cheat
Server browser for PC users
However, all servers must be rented through gameservers.com if you want a dedicated server.
50 player ranks, prestige is also in
No word on any beta for any platform
They were also not talking about anything Zombie mode related
Console users will use the old matchmaking system from the previous titles
Huge amounts of customization:
-Custom emblems
-Tags on weapons, etc
Mod tools are said to be in the works, but will not be available at launch
Theater mode that is slated to rival that seen in Halo 3 (record demos, view in third person if you want, all sorts of video editing features built in)
Unranked matches are near fully customizable
Killstreaks are a bit more involved for many items beyond merely pressing a button to launch something and forget about it

New game modes, centered around the new Wager Mode gametype:
One in the Chamber: In the match everyone spawns in with a pistol, one bullet and three lives. If you kill someone you get to take their bullet. If you fire and miss you're left with melee.

Sticks and Stones: You spawn with a crossbow, ballistic knife and a tomahawk. If you hit a player with the tomahawk you instantly bankrupt that player.

Gun Game: You get a series of progressive weapons in this match. With every kill you get a better weapon. The first person to progress through all of the weapons wins. But if you get knifed you get sent back one tier.

Sharp Shooter: In this one all players start with the same randomly selected weapon. You get to use that gun for a fixed amount of time and then everyone gets switched out to the next weapon. With each kill you earn a perk and eventually a scoring multiplier.
Unlocks aren't done through leveling up, but rather through the acquisition and spending of Call of Duty Points, a sort of in-game currency. Play, earn points, spend them on the equipment you want instead of hitting a level milestone all the time.

New trailer released tonight for the various Wager Matches:

YouTube - Call of Duty: Black Ops - Wager Match Trailer

Everyone there has been super impressed with what they saw.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Why are you guys talking about this game if you're so uninterested in it?

I pay attention to these things myself, if only for the sole purpose it makes RO and Tripwire look so much more impressive :D

If you like it, fine, everyone has their own tastes. But to me it is all bunny hopping run-n-gun BS that reminds me of Quake with whatever weapons and skins happen to be the flavor of the month for the sugared-up masses of mostly teens (it seems) that fall for this.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoxNoctum
Upvote 0
Tonight's MP reveal was apparently a huge hit with everyone in attendance.

Steamworks integration
Steam will be the PC version's DRM
VAC is the anti-cheat
Server browser for PC users
However, all servers must be rented through gameservers.com if you want a dedicated server.
50 player ranks, prestige is also in
No word on any beta for any platform
They were also not talking about anything Zombie mode related
Console users will use the old matchmaking system from the previous titles
Huge amounts of customization:
-Custom emblems
-Tags on weapons, etc
Mod tools are said to be in the works, but will not be available at launch
Theater mode that is slated to rival that seen in Halo 3 (record demos, view in third person if you want, all sorts of video editing features built in)
Unranked matches are near fully customizable
Killstreaks are a bit more involved for many items beyond merely pressing a button to launch something and forget about it

New game modes, centered around the new Wager Mode gametype:
Unlocks aren't done through leveling up, but rather through the acquisition and spending of Call of Duty Points, a sort of in-game currency. Play, earn points, spend them on the equipment you want instead of hitting a level milestone all the time.

New trailer released tonight for the various Wager Matches:

YouTube - Call of Duty: Black Ops - Wager Match Trailer

Everyone there has been super impressed with what they saw.

I have to admit one thing:
At last they don't try to make it look ultra authentic or realistic, they just stick to brainless fun with fantasy weapons and fantasy gameplay mechanics

I can understand casual gamers being impressed by this and actually like the idea of the "one in the chamber" game mode.

Upvote 0
well this is it, a lot of ppl don't take games as seriously as us lot and there's nothing wrong with having or targeting that attitude.

doesn't bother me how the cod series goes really - i tend to pick up these newer shooters when they're under a fiver, play the campaign and pick up the arse-end of the MP scene for a few days.

Part of me would rather they didn't bother releasing for pc at all - as they may tempt potential players away from the kind of games i enjoy, including many quality older titles which now suffer from a thinned out playercount.

That said, if ppl who look forward to titles like this no longer have these games on pc, you do wonder if they would allow themselves to be forced into more 'sophisticated' pc style shooters, or just simply buy a console instead.

Upvote 0
screwed2.jpg

Upvote 0