• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tutorial - How To Change Tripwire Weapon,Monsters to Any Else you wont(Model&Animati)

HeLL_BREATH

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 31, 2009
Tutorial - How To Change Tripwire Weapon,Monsters to Any Else you wont(Model&Animati)

Hello , i will show you how to Change Tripwire Standart Weapon(Bullpup), to any else you wont!
So first we need to understand where its stored!
And for that we need to Open Killing Floor Editor!
Then Chose Animations Menu, then KF_Weapons_Trip Package, and Chose BullPup_Trip.
Will be something like that
bullpup.png

So what we got now, its what you see from First Person Camera(Only You)!
We Figured where its stored and now we can start to extract it.
To do this! we need to download a Very Nice Program called - Umodel!
From Gildor.org > Projects > Umodel
umodel.png

Dont forget The Name of Package and Weapon Mesh! KF_Weapons_Trip - its a (Package.ukx) Bullpup_Trip - (Mesh.psk), animation will be extracted atomatically - (BullPup_anim.psa) . Better to Write somewhere(if you closed Killing Floor Editor)

So when we download Umodel ! Better(easy for yoU) to extract in Folder with UKX Packages.
umodelextract.png

Then you need to Create A Export.txt File and write there
Very simple command!
Umodel -all -export NameOfThePackage(UKX) NameOfTheMesh(PSK)
In our case: Umodel -all -export KF_Weapons_Trip.ukx Bullpup_Trip(ITS Very Important To Keep the same later Size, do not make something like this buLLPup_Trip, if you do this it would not be extracted,simply it would not be found) !
!!!!Save this as!!!!! Export.bat file!!!!
Arhh allmost forgott :) We need to extract and Texture UTX! So we need to place it in same folder
The Texture is Stored in Texture Folder(it hase almoste the same name as Ukx) KF_Weapons_Trip_T.utx . So Copy that in Animation Folder.
Now press at Export.bat
You will have something like this(if you all do right) And Two Folders !
cmdn.png

The First one with Mesh And Animation, the second with Texture.

Nothing special

So you Extracted Model and Animation. Now we need to Import Them in 3ds Max

To do that we need - Actor X Importer(Maded By Gildor) its a MAX Script, that allow us to Import PSK(Mesh) AND PSA(Animation) Files intro 3ds Max.
You can download it at Gildor.org > Projects > ActorX Importer

Once you downloaded it, you can Run 3ds max.

After you Load it .
You will need to Open Max Script Menu > Run Script, in Opened window you need to Copy Gildor's Actorx Importer Script, like at the Picture.
3dsmax.png

Then you can Run it!

Now You need to Watch the Video.

Video Part
[URL]http://www.filefront.com/16937091/Tutorial.avi[/URL]

This is txt of Video Tutorial:

So i loaded the model that would replace Tripwire Bullpup
Now i need to Run ActorXImporter Script
And Import Tripwire Bullpup mesh
My model hase Wrong Size, direction, position
Need to be Fixed!
Better hide bones and Arms!

This is Kinda Problem Trigger
I dont wont to waist much time on this! You can do this by your own!
You have the idea what it should be!
Now lets go to the next Part!
Nothing special BUt! You will see the Problem !
This is the Problem !This why im Moving objects little UP!
I dont remember if this bone is right! Because Those Bullets! I Guess i Remembered !
You should try to make a better Position For your Weapons!
But for me its good!
Now about bones
! From tip(Bone) ! In game Came Bullet Effect and its very important where is Placed this Bone! Its need to be placed in the Midle
This Mag Release(Bone) - correspond to - Bullet Mesh ! that would Eject from here! So its need to be placed right!
Arh i missed :) There is need one more Bullet for Magazine Because when it will reload ! Will be Little issue!
Now we can Load Animation
! When you Load Animation! The Position of the bone Go the same as it was!
For every Frame!
And its hard work to Place it at Every Frame.
So the Main issue is with Hands&Fingers Animation! Im looking for a Good solution! But the only thing that i can do is to Place Standart Tripwire for ex: Bullpup Animation on a Biped. But the Problem is in Skining! Or i have an idea )) will look later! If biped animation will work on this mesh :) would be nice!

So this is it!
tavor.png

But tavor looks Fine ! So Its very simple )))
Good Luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: Meatwadjenkins
link constrain the gun to the hands, adjust fingers to avoid clipping, stop using exclamation marks for periods and commas.

base the animations off the AK47, reload off the bullpup but key the first and last frame from the AK Idle
What do you mean ? - Link constrain the gun to the hands ?
Adjust Fingers to avoid clipping ?

Man this is just tutorial !! I know what to do :D If i wont something!

If you mean about the Animation problem with fingers! i have an Idea how to fix it :) And i told this earlier!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I maded a Tutorial! So you can do it by your own!
I allready know how to do it Myself & I don't use MAX btw, I use Maya & I just re-formatted My computer AGAIN!, I'd rather make the Animations Myself because then you have something big to be proud of.

once again due to viruses & re-fomatting I have lost My animations & saves & work, what a waste of a year :mad:.

Upvote 0