• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bullpup vs AK-47

Bullpup vs AK-47

• Bullpup

Votes: 40 40.0%
  • AK-47

Votes: 60 60.0%

• Total voters
Me personally, I like bullpup better. Bullpup is more accurate and have a much better sight. I tend to stick to the SCAR until I'm down to about 2-3 SCAR magazines left. At this point I switch to bullpup for normal fighting and bring out the SCAR when firepower is needed. I find that because I very rarely run completely dry of SCAR ammo, I don't need the additional firepower of AK and bullpup's easy of handling wins out.

Upvote 0
I do like bullpup, mainly because of its accuracy, mag size and minimal recoil. It's great for killing lots and lots of ZEDs when you go for headshots.

My choice A is to use the Bullpup only until I get the SCAR, which I use for scrakes and Fleshpounds.

My choice B is to use the Bullpup with dual handcannons on backup. I survive doing this because I have a good team. Also, after wave 5 I like to get the AK-47 for just a bit more power. When I see a FP or scrake I just spam the AK into their faces while my team also assists in killing it. Most notably the guy who always sticks with me, packing an AA12. :D

Yeah, really the AK and Bullpup is a mood thing.

Upvote 0
I've never really found anything that a semi-auto AK-47 couldn't handle as well or better than the Bullpup once I got used to the iron sights on it. That being said, they sort of rank equal for me. I just keep both on hand and pull out the AK-47 when I need real firepower before I can sell the Bullpup and grab the SCAR.

Upvote 0
I've never really found anything that a semi-auto AK-47 couldn't handle as well or better than the Bullpup once I got used to the iron sights on it. That being said, they sort of rank equal for me. I just keep both on hand and pull out the AK-47 when I need real firepower before I can sell the Bullpup and grab the SCAR.

This, although I never use semi-auto. The bullpup is an absolute headshot machine but I prefer the AK + SCAR combination.

Upvote 0
This, although I never use semi-auto. The bullpup is an absolute headshot machine but I prefer the AK + SCAR combination.

I'm one of those people that tends to hold the button for a split second too long and waste an extra 1-2 shots into something that's already dead without semi-auto on, so it's just my preference. I turn it on to auto when something actually needs to be unloaded on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Whenever I get enough money for a SCAR and have some left over, I buy the bullpup. As some have said previously, there's barely any recoil and the aim is amazing. It ensures that more bullets hit the head. Also, whenever I use the AK on auto fire, there's some weird recoil that makes it go way off, even when I play commando perk.

Upvote 0
On suicidal, AK-47, on anything lower, bullpup.

I require one-hit-kill headshots from my rifles, and the bullpup just can't do that on suicidal. I can kill specimens much, much faster with the AK. Also, sometimes you have no choice but to spray down a husk at close range, and the Kalashnikov does a much better job of that as well. It's simply higher DPS. The AK carries more than enough ammo in a mag for me, and even if it didn't, reloading is ridiculously quick as commando.

Ideally I'll have enough money to ditch the backup rifle and carry SCAR and M32. I've never once had the SCAR run out of ammo before the wave was over.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sometimes i like to have a full-auto AK/'pup with a full-auto SCAR as backup.

The full-auto AK/bullpup using burst fire, this is perfect. Full-auto scar, because the only reason i'd pull it out would be when i needed it on full-auto (raged scrakes/Fps anyone?)

Gonna vote the lowest one up, cos i was waiting for my decision to be made for me.

Upvote 0