• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KFWDT wants suggestions - SMGs

C_Gibby

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 18, 2010
I'm writing this on behalf of KFWDT (Killing Floor Weapons Development Team) We're in the middle of making some submachineguns for our weapon's pack. These weapons are made for a purely CQB role. I.e. they have spread similar to a shotgun, low damage, high rate of fire and ammo capacity. They're for spraying at a short range and getting really close to the ZEDs.

We're looking for some suggestions from KF players and what SMGs they would like to see in-game.

These guns should be compact and be known in real life to have a high rate of fire.

WE NEED A LOT OF SUGGESTIONS. WE WANT TO NARROW THESE DOWN TO A FINAL VOTE!

Post away! :D

(Apologies if this is meant to be in modding discussion, I couldn't decide which forum to use :( :confused: )

Last edited:
Ppsh is already taking off. Thomson is WIP. Maybe a Sten variant? It is a British weapon after all. ;)

If magazine capacity is an issue, you could be creative and have the gun use a double magazine(Side by side or end on end) of some sort, possibly improvised with tape/zipties(zipties solve any problem in real life :eek:) or something since the Sten is not a particularly modern weapon.

Upvote 0
I'd suggest the 'Mp5a4' (because it's common and classic) and the 'KAC PDW' (It's like an assault rifle but classified as an smg as it uses a 6mm round and has excellent penetration) Those are two I'd throw in.. oh, and certainly the ump .45 (NOT 9mm version!!) ohhh... and maybe the Kriss?

Upvote 0
Steyr_TMP_9mmPara_001.jpg

Upvote 0
how about a uzi or a vector noooo a type 05
tom-clancys-rainbow-six-vegas-2-20080222001618710-000.jpg
While the type 95 is technically an assault due to its barrel length and calibre, it would also put the l22 to shame due to its size and add even more confusion to the L22's design. Otherwise, it's not even British! Ive done research, the MP5 is a modern UK military/police weapon, but it is of German decent. Depending on the modeler, the Sterling is a British weapon that is still in service in some Commonwealth countries so it all depends on the modeler.

Last edited:
Upvote 0