• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Mirror's Edge fanmap

Just send her over, I'm sure we can figure something out.:D

Do you think I should add little pointers to places where "special moves" are possible? E.g. people who haven't seen the video probably wouldn't know that swinging is possible. Do you think I should, for example, add a little icon near the pole that indicates it's safe to jump here? Kind of like Mirror's Edge has objects that can be interacted with colored red in "runner vision". I'm thinking of adding little icons, like I did for the wall-dodge locations in my UT2004 map CTF-Wasnuni. Good idea? Bad idea? Do you think it's cooler to figure these things out without pointers?

(also, I'll be posting some screenshots later)

Upvote 0
Here we go:
Shot00000-1.jpg

Shot00001-1.jpg

And you can jump from railing to railing then if you start out as far back as possible and jump at the last second (else you fall down). If done right, you don't have to use stairs in this room at all!

Shot00002-1.jpg

Shot00004-1.jpg

The classic. Perfect for dramatic jumps. :)

Shot00006.jpg

Is the red too aggressive for an auditorium? Keeps people awake at least, but you know... Should I change it to something calmer?

Shot00007-1.jpg

Still very much a WIP.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just had an eye-gasm.

Murphy, you are a true inspiration to all map-makers out there, including me.

That map is sheer perfection, why aren't you planning to release it?

Also, the transition from the white cleanliness back to the filth of biotics lab, the textures are amazing!
Even the wall stripe tapers off into filth. I REALLY want to be able to make maps as good as you lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0