• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Mirror's Edge fanmap

You know oxiclean may help get that out! Sometimes I have to use a mop plus the oxiclean just to make sure! While I'm at it, I make more of a mess then clean that up, it looks so nice and I make more of a mess and I clean that up and it never ends til it runs out.
haha oh man...that just made me laugh like hell in while im sitting in the classroom :p good to have people with humour here ^^

Upvote 0
Looks great need a way to tune gravity down without jump pads though
Gravity is very close to normal everywhere except where special jumps are possible.
This is pretty close to Faith jumping normally except where she can do special jumps. E.g. she doesn't always jump as high as she does when you speed-vault over a fence and she doesn't always jump as far as she does when you use a piece of railing as a stepping stone.
Of course I don't have immersive animations that show what your character is doing and the camera doesn't get jerked around so it looks a little floaty.

Other than that the gravity concept works ok, I think. Far from perfect, obviously, because it's just a fun makeshift solution but ok for what it is.

As for jumppads, I try to avoid them wherever possible. I find some of the stepping-stone jumps can't be made any different but wherever I can I use gravity wells. It's just much cooler if you have to press jump yourself and your timing and your directional input decides whether you make the jump or not rather than having a jumppad throw you around. In some rare instances it can't be avoided though. Well, at least I can't.

@Fa11ure: As this in all likelihood won't be released I don't need beta testers. On the off chance it is going to be released it'll be as a public beta, open to everyone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nooooo! U killed it. What was the point of working on it?
Fun. I always said it was a fun-project and a release was highly unlikely.

kingkong said:
would you consider releasing the files for someone else to work on?
No. It was a fun project for me to see if I could do it and to delve into Mirror's Edge's style a bit more intimately than by just playing Mirror's Edge. When it began to work out rather nicely with the trick-jumps and the soft lighting I wanted to show it off and that's what the video was for.

It was never really meant to become a map for others, although I admit I toyed with the idea at times. In the end I always decided though that I didn't want to release a map that doesn't stand on its own but only as a derivative work, where people like the original and just play my map as a goof.

Because that's what it was, a goof. Now I had my fun with it and its time to move on.

Upvote 0
ah that's too bad, looked like it would be fun to play on. ha I can see it now, murphy will start a trend like tf2 orange maps, where a whole bunch of bright colored mediocre maps will get popular.

mark my words, you're gonna rue the day you teased us with this project!! the end is ****ing nigh!!!

now someone just needs to fulfill my prophecy, since I don't have half the skill needed to pull this off.

Upvote 0