• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A question more about the forum than KF...

There is a function of posts in a forum though at it is communication. If anything I see the long posts I make myself as nothing but a weakness, by being unable to say what I want to say in just a few lines. It's a reflection of me being pretty weak linguistically.

There is nothing elite or good about making long posts in general. Its about what you say and how clear and understandable you say it.

As long as a place is a forum aka a place of discussion I think that the ability to discuss things and getting information actually read should be promoted. So perhaps the best method is having a main post with chapter links to pdf's or whatever and short summaries. Where people can click for the full version to read more in depth about things.

When you create work for a project generally the managers will only read your summary and keep it at that, only if people do not understand something or want to know more they will read that specific part of a full paper. Keep things short keep things simple, and use clear language.

Pouring people into the depths instantly of multiple pages especially on a forum will result in most people not even bothering to take a look at it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
you know, vbulletin does have the ability to set up personal blogs........if the site admin enabled them then you could just post up your thoughts in your blog and let people choose how much further out of their way they want to go in order to read it.

but nothing ever really gets updated on the forums so.......i'd say go with pdf :D

Upvote 0
you know, vbulletin does have the ability to set up personal blogs........if the site admin enabled them then you could just post up your thoughts in your blog and let people choose how much further out of their way they want to go in order to read it.

but nothing ever really gets updated on the forums so.......i'd say go with pdf :D

Nice try, but the vBulletin forums do not offer a blog system without additional products or mods.

Upvote 0
yeah i was being a little sarcastic. the cms is a bit overpriced for what it offers since you can use vbadvanced and if you can pretty much do everything it offers. i always found it funny that the blog feature was a free mod for vbulletin a couple versions back and they decided to make it "official" so they could make people pay for it :D a shame too cause blogs are pretty cool if easily accessible.

Upvote 0