• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KEPT recruiting

omarfw

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 13, 2009
Here Be Dragons
www.last.fm
so as most of you know, the Killingfloor Exploit Prevention Team was formed a while ago to help reform the whitelist and how the testing process of maps awaiting whitelisting approval would work. as well as basically just to take some of the work load off of TWI.
we've done so fairly successfully even if our methods are a bit sloppy.

Now we just face one problem. not enough time and too much work to do.

As it stands right now we have 15 members. out of those 15 I randomly put together testing sessions on the weekends or just whenever we all have the free time.

This has worked fine so far, but recently the amount of maps on the waiting list for whitelist approval testing has been rather long near constantly.

this is bad for two reasons:

1. it can lead to disorganization and will increase the amount of time it takes for a map to be whitelisted

2. it takes up all our time for testing the whitelisted maps. we've made little to no progress on testing already whitelisted maps in the past 2 months because we have been testing maps awaiting approval, we have to have time to make both a priority.

So for the sake of making sure the KEPT fulfills it's intended purpose of removing exploit filled maps from the whitelist and also keeps a steady flow of new maps whitelisted, the only solution is to add more manpower to our team.

Anyone may apply but keep these things in mind:

• you will have to sacrifice your free time if you want to help out

• you will have to abide by the system and rules we have put in place for TW's sake

• you will be playing a lot of KF without leveling your perks a lot of the time since we test maps that aren't whitelisted yet

If you would like to help out with making the future of KF better, any help is appreciated. My goal is to make the KEPT a self propelled machine so that I or any of the other admins don't always have to initiate and put together testing sessions.
I'm looking for people who have free time when I don't, who can look at what needs to be tested and get at least a little bit of it done before we test in group.

I'm also looking to expand so that we can get the entire whitelist tested this summer, as that will be when I and everyone else has the most free time. After that, we can focus only on new submissions and the system will hopefully be much more stable and quick.

If you want to apply, send me a pm and i will let you know what to do from there.

Last edited:
it's actually somewhat entertaining to run around on maps on "god mode" just to find places where you can cheat the map. when you don't have to worry about blood thirsty zombies, you can turn your full attention to finding bugs in maps and it's actually quite easy to spot most of them after a little practice. PLUS we have really awesome steam group chats sometimes :D

Upvote 0
i was about to post my greatest killing floor advantages on this page but i cut it out becuase i have to agree with [SiN] it is kinda fun to do things that give you an avantage. I know how to Do a 2-PERK-FUSION with Support and Demolitionist and have Demo attribrutes with Support perk chosen. and i know other tactics that im not going to talk about because Tripwire might hunt me down and take my account but yea.
i agree totally with you [SiN].
Ace Unlimited Out!

Upvote 0
and i know other tactics that im not going to talk about because tripwire might hunt me down and take my account but yea.
hahahahaahahah

and take advantage of the 2nd Free life u have during trader time to spawn and drop and extra weapon if your a Lv.6 whatever perk. it helps!
This is not a ''submit your way to get more cash'' thread.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i wasn't promoting cheating ace, actually the opposite (seeing as i'm a member of this group :cool:). the easiest way for us to find ways people can exploit map bugs is to enable "cheats" (although they aren't cheats since they disable perks and progress). oh, and there's a major difference between gaining tactical advantage and exploiting. i use a few "pro-tips" when i play but they don't exploit map bugs where i could be invincible. ;)

Upvote 0
Hey what about me :( im in it :( Just not in the TWI group.

i tend to only invite people to the TWI group if I'm the one who adds them to the steam group also. you're invited now. even though we don't really use that group much anymore.

you ARE in the steam group already I assume? (too lazy to check on these public comps :p)

Upvote 0
and take advantage of the 2nd Free life u have during trader time to spawn and drop and extra weapon if your a Lv.6 whatever perk. it helps!

i was about to post my greatest killing floor advantages on this page but i cut it out becuase i have to agree with [SiN] it is kinda fun to do things that give you an avantage. I know how to Do a 2-PERK-FUSION with Support and Demolitionist and have Demo attribrutes with Support perk chosen. and i know other tactics that im not going to talk about because Tripwire might hunt me down and take my account but yea.
i agree totally with you [SiN].
Ace Unlimited Out!

You have no idea whats going on in here do you? We arent looking for ways to cheat the game, we are just checking the maps for exploits.

And no, its not "fun" to cheat like you just said.

Upvote 0