• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A downloadable addon to KF-SDK that allows you to MAKE YOUR OWN WEAPON.

AceUnlimited

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 22, 2010
We need an downloadable addon that allows you to make your own weapon in the SDK of killing floor that way: PEOPLE WOULD STOP TELLING YOU THAT YOUR IDEA WILL NEVER WORK AND THAT IT sucks and stuff.
I get tired of the sorry people that got a nerve to go on peoples pages and tell them that their idaes are dumb WHEN they dont even have any ideas themselves! But anyway the Weapon makeing funtion would be nice!

No, we need a moderator to "mute" a certain person.

Sure if Tripwire had the time they COULD make a program similar to the SDK where you can edit weapon stats easilly without knowing the code, BUT your weapons would still have to use the models already in the game so whats the point. If you wanted to make entirely new weapons youd have to learn modelling too. Not to mention player reload animations and all.

Its not that simple you know.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We need an downloadable addon that allows you to make your own weapon in the SDK of killing floor that way: PEOPLE WOULD STOP TELLING YOU THAT YOUR IDEA WILL NEVER WORK AND THAT IT sucks and stuff.
I get tired of the sorry people that got a nerve to go on peoples pages and tell them that their idaes are dumb WHEN they dont even have any ideas themselves! But anyway the Weapon makeing funtion would be nice!

Like everyone said, to make weapons, you have to learn to code an model. Simple.

As for the getting "tired of the sorry people that got a nerve to go on peoples pages and tell them that their idaes are dumb" part, people here want to filter ideas. Most you gave aren't really thought out, and even if they were, people aren't forced to agree with you. As someone said somewhere here, "if TWI would implement everything players suggest, sharpshooters would crap golden bricks worth 10'000

Upvote 0

How about if all of us just spit out and **** out every idea we can think of? Would that satisfy you?

Well here's an idea that I'm sure you'll love:

The Dramarama - for the Dramatics perk, which basically gets louder and more grittier at each increasing level

The amount of drama created in your current game is directly proportionate to the loudness of this weapon. Affects your teammates quite well.

Upvote 0
I get tired of the sorry people that got a nerve to go on peoples pages and tell them that their idaes are dumb WHEN they dont even have any ideas themselves!

Right, because you have to have an idea for another weapon to tell someone that their idea for a weapon is stupid. Groan... the only class that needs a new weapon right now is firebug, all the others just need to be BALANCED.

Balance: what a novel idea! I wonder if the people on this forum have heard of it...

As for your "idea", learn to model and code yourself instead of passing on the workload to TWI (which has a staff I can count on two hands, a fact that most people forget when posting time-consuming suggestions on this board).

I still think, however, that we ought to be allowed to have weapon models and animations whitelisted the same way maps are, so we can use (approved) custom models, textures, and animations with the vanilla game, just to spice things up a bit. I'm sick to death of the katana and the deagles.

Last edited:
Upvote 0