• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-420-Ganja-Farm-Reweeded-V1.rom

avp2501

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Lost in the land of Magic
This is a remake of the popular KF-420-Ganja-Farm. Permission granted by Kingshinobi to alter the map.

Current Release Version: 1-1 (24.4mb uncompressed)

Playable: Yes

Whitelisted: Yes

Photo Gallery:

Shot00111.jpg

Shot00116.jpg

Shot00127.jpg

Shot00124.jpg

Videos:

N/A

Description:

Since the infection spread around the World every Land is fighting against the Zombies. Your Squad have been given the order to help the people of Jamaica and fight the evil beasts back to where they came from, by controlling the infection one country at a time. Once our Squad arrived, we decided to help the poor Ganjafarmer by protecting his stock that still brings hope to the people of Jamaica in these desperate times. Commense Operation: Put a smile on their face. Go Go Go... protect the plants !!!

Map Size:

Small

Current Trader Count: 3

1. Front
  2. Rear
  3. Right hand side
Map Optimization:

Runs great since it's a small map.

Beta Downloads:

Mod Db: V1-1 (Works Online)
FileFront: V1-1 (Works Online)
Megaupload:

Special Thanks:

• KINGshinobi - For making the original map.
  • NightRain - For the Beta testing on his server which really helped in tracking down the Dedicated Server map issue I had previous to V1-1.

NightRain's Server

NightRain's | Custom Maps (Picks) | Hard-Long |
IP: 8.6.8.162:7707

Last edited:
I like Ganja-Farm but there was a few things that pissed me off and so I decided to fix them aswell as adding a few variations of my own.

Fixed things like the crawlers always getting stuck on the bridge and zombies getting confused on where the front door was and kept trying to walk through the walls etc.

Visual changes such as rain and some different surroundings and the boss now spawns in his own den purely for a more pleasing entrance.

The gate has been fixed so that when welded no players or zombies can pass through it, But because this was a useful feature I've added ladders that appear during trader time.

Pathnodes have been greatly revamped so now the zombies are extremely efficient. Beware this is a much more challenging map than it's previous incarnation.

Playing Suicidal Solo I usually can't keep the gates welded shut after wave 2 even when using a lvl 6 support perk to weld them.

Upvote 0
Why would you not use a mirror?

I've decided that I prefer to upload my maps to moddb and it usually only takes a day to get them authorized. I know that this is still a wait but I like to see how many times my maps get downloaded which is only really doable with one host site.

PS. The map is available to download now if you haven't tried it already.

Upvote 0
Reported Issues:

1. Green Walls inside the ganja farm defenses when playing online (dedicated server).
  2. Optimization: especially going between the main gate and the trader to the side.
  3. Area where scrakes can't get you.
I've tried something to see if it fixes issue number one but since This issue only happens online I'd like someone to try it out for me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
hope the whitelisting wont get ganja farm off the list as i seen many maps got removed when a new version got released and found out its pritty mutch a camp map.

This is an alternative version rather than the updated version. That's why I've added things like rain, caves and cliffs to make it a different map.

Difficulty wise the new version is much harder making the map require more team work which some people will love including me :D

Overall I want both the original and this modified version to stay on the whitelist since they do actually play differently and look different.

As for it being a camp map I'd disagree. Yes you are defending an area but it's not easy to do so especially when you compare it to maps like KF-defence-b2 which is clearly a camp map since the zombies won't ever reach you.

Upvote 0
Hmm I played this map online on my server today... Generally nice re-done, but this obvious glitches:

made the joy smaller...

Is that the V1? or the V1a?

I found that this issue happens with some but not all servers on V1. However V1a shouldn't have that issue.

Can you please test V1a for me on your server to see if it happens again.

Upvote 0
Have had this bug 3 times now.

When it gets to wave 11 and Patches shows up.
He runs up to the (welded) gate, gets the usual 8 million pipe bomb surprise.
Gets the snot shot out of him.
He calls for his "Children", however he does not run off.

He will just stay at the gate, and get shot until he dies.
So it makes it extremely easy to kill him.

Not sure if he is stuck or just trying to run through the welded gate.
Have noticed Fleshpounds doing the same thing.
Even when raged they will attack the gate, however the gate either takes no damage or very little damage.

Using KF-420-Ganja-Farm-Reweeded-V1-1 on Hard\10 wave.

Upvote 0