• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

"Energy & Bio-Chemical" Perks

O.D

Oct 26, 2009
Hello everyone! First off I'd like to say that the new updates for KF are outstanding! While some people may say it's OP'd or makes the game a bit less difficult. I say it brings a ton of new variety and gameplay for players all around!

Now as much as I do love the weapons of KF, I can see that we are starting to narrow it down a bit more. I mean, we already have bullets, axes, explosives, and fire. All very domestic and dangerous attributes to KF. But why not take a more "Scientific" approach to killing our zombie mutant freaks?

For example, the "Energy and Bio-Chemical" perks.

Energy Perk

While bullets and bombs may be something to admire for other perks, the Energy perk is more at home with "Energy" based weapons. Such as....

1.) The Laser Rifle (No real name given yet)

Slow rate of fire, but can pierce through enemies and is a Medium to Long range gun.

It's primary fire of course, fires off a short beam, while the secondary fire is a much stronger but less controlled beam that uses up more ammunition. For this, the secondary fire also takes a tad bit longer to fire off.

2.) A Tesla Gun

If you know Nikola Tesla, then you know where this is going already. Basically, it's an electric gun. A special type of electrical gun if I may add.

This isn't an offensive weapon, but more of a defensive weapon instead. It has a medium rate of fire and is used for short to medium range.

The Primary fire, fires off a metallic bolt that pierces onto surfaces and enemies. The bolt itself doesn't do much damage.

However though, the secondary fire disperses a small electrical shock. If the electricity fired from the gun is to hit one of the rods, it causes the victim to be electrified in a sizzling sensation of pain. This can be used for traps as well, such as shooting one rod on a wall across from another. Then making a short fused electric fence of sort. All though, after the bolt is used, it disintegrates.

3.) Ricochet Laser

This is the "Energy" perks close counters weapon. It fires off a burst of lasers that bounce off of walls dealing more damage considering on how many bounces are preformed. The lasers disappear after a certain number of bounces, or hits a target. Unlike the Laser Rifle, this gun does not pierce. This is, of course a short ranged weapon, and best used indoors, or obstacle filled areas *such as West London's tunnels*.

The Primary Fire, shoots 3 to 5 lasers in one burst, while the secondary instead switches the gun to a single shot fire instead. While the single shot is more powerful, it's best suited for bigger baddies, and the primary should be used for taking out multiple enemies instead.

Now onto the

"Bio-Chemical" Perk

Brute weaponry on those poor specimens is pretty cool. But using Bio weaponry against them is even cooler. And also possibly protection from Bloat Bile.

1.) Tranq Gun

No this isn't the kind of gun that puts you to sleep. More like the kind of gun which causes your insides to implode. This gun is a single shot fire only. It works best for Medium to Long Range.

The Primary fire charges the dart in the gun for a greater distance, and also a stronger blow to the enemy. The longer you keep the gun pressurized, the stronger the dart will be. Firing a unpressured dart at a specimen will do mediocore damage. However, a charged dart will stick to the enemy and soon his inside will cause him to turn into nothing but a pile of giblets. Basically, this guns darts will make enemies explode into a red mist. This gun doesn't mean a sure kill with one dart, you will have to put more darts in much bigger enemies.

2.) Acid Gun

This is a short-medium ranged weapon that fires off acid rounds into specimens. It has the same function as an M249 with a very distinctive tech look to it. You load the rounds through the gun by a large scale clip. The acid deals damage for a certain amount of time if it hits an enemy. The more rounds on an enemy, the more acid damage will be dealt.

The secondary fire of the gun fires off a small grenade round which covers an area or victim in acid, burning enemies who walk through it. It can be used for taking out a group or soften up enemies. This gun has a medium rate of fire and a slow reload, but a large clip.

3.) Nano Planter *This is one is experimental*

This is gun fires off a gel like substance that is filled with billions of small nano machines within. The gun functions like a shotgun blast and covers the enemy with the substance. When the gel sticks to a surface, it stays in place. The user can only fire one shot and then reload. The secondary fire of the gun turns on the nano machines and causes the machines within the gel to start eating away at the victim. This gun however does not do acid damage and after the use of the gel, more must be planted. However, if the gel is not triggered within a certain amount of time, the gel dissolves.

The draw back of this gun is that it's short ranged and has a long reload. Also, due to it's power the ammo for it is low.

So, anyway. These are just some ideas that I've had thrown around in my head. I'm not saying you should add these to the game right now. I know you people know what you're doing and surely this is only a big fan of the game just giving out his own suggestions. Thank you for your time and excellent job with the game thus far!

Last edited:
Reactions: Spoony
hm, sry but the weapons in KF will be like the real weapons, no hi-tech future weapons

Tell that to the gun which fires healing syringes that can travel from one end of the map, hahah. Or the flamethrower which actually can toss fire from a ridiculous distance.

Not to mention, when you can strap a rocket launcher and chain-gun on a giant who can cloak. I'm pretty sure you're up there with "Hi-tech" .

Upvote 0
Have you ever read anything about the actual militarized Flamethrowers they can go a very unexpectedly long distence for presserized fuel

Isnt the flamer in game liquid based? So basically, it shoots (flaming) liquid and I dont see why it couldnt fly "long" distances.

What comes to laser rifles and such, maybe not. BUT I think some sort of experimental perk wouldnt be such a bad idea. He could use tech provided by Horzine, like the Husk fireball cannon. Would be kinda cool if the weapon fused with your arm so you wouldnt actually hold it, it would be part of you :p... and of course it would have to "un-fuse" when you change weapon lol.

WTF AM I TALKING ABOUT?!

Upvote 0