• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Last Big Update Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthracy

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 17, 2009
As of today, it has been two months since the last actual update to KillingFloor (the December 11th update just added some maps.)

Up until then, updates came at least every month and new content seemed like it was always flowing.
Has TWI moved on to bigger and better things? (RO:HOS?) OR:

Is there one big update just begging to be realesed?(The fabled update Yoshiro was talking about a little after the release of "Level Up")
Whatever the case may be, TWI has earned my respect and has ensured at least 1 (if not three or four) purchases of Heroes of Stalingrad.

Thanks Tripwire for giving anyone that purchased KF the most value for their money and also supplying one of the greatest co-op games to ever be published.

Ideas about the patch, the long term outlook of the game, the possible shift of priorities over to Red Orchestra, and anything else is welcome. :)

I reckon KF will take a back seat now. We'll see a number of patches to address issues and maybe balance (though I think balance is fine in friendly fire) and probably one more new content update in the spring/ summer. And that's it. 2010 is all about Heroes due in October this year. If they miss the Thanksgiving holidays they might as well not bother until sometime in 2011 which I reckon wil be unacceptable to them and their bank. So that's only 8 months to go... they're going to be too busy of Heroes for too much else.

Upvote 0
I reckon KF will take a back seat now. We'll see a number of patches to address issues and maybe balance (though I think balance is fine in friendly fire) and probably one more new content update in the spring/ summer. And that's it. 2010 is all about Heroes due in October this year. If they miss the Thanksgiving holidays they might as well not bother until sometime in 2011 which I reckon wil be unacceptable to them and their bank. So that's only 8 months to go... they're going to be too busy of Heroes for too much else.
I wonder how big the TWI team is. Like for ID software, its very small. And with DICE, it's huge. Even that huge that they can distribute teams on all different projects. There was even one guy solely busy for years on the new battlefield 2 patch. I can imagine that really messes your head up ;)

Upvote 0
It was pretty nice of TWI to keep pumping time and money into KF for as long as they did but I guess at some point the free ride has to stop and they have to go back to the business of making money.

My buddy told me the other day that the engine used in unreal 3 has become freely available for commercial use which bodes well for the prospect of KF2. :D

Upvote 0
Would be nice if they increased to level cap a bit, but in order to do that theyd have to increase the difficulty somehow. Perhaps by adding a new specimen. Also, the bonuses from the level up should be rather minor but still worth getting, like err, increase the distance which commandos can see stalkers from. I dont think that would cause any balance issues but would still be usefull.

Upvote 0

I hope not! I mean, HoS is looking fun, but it's a different type of game from Killing Floor. I want my zombie-killing fix, and after seeing first-hand from my friends what a freaking disaster Left 4 Dead 2 is, Killing Floor is the place to go for it!

Upvote 0
I was perplexed when I found out their next game is WW2 shooter...helloooo people, WW2(and soviet one at that) shooters are so yesterday!

They have completely whacked priorities, instead of focusing on Killing Floor 2 with a new engine, open-ended SP campaign and better physics and animation they are wasting it all on something that nobody is interested in.

I actually feel sorry for them.

Just imagine the lame poor weapons of WW2, the uniformed enemies, the probably linear COD4-like campaign. How could they lose perspective so much, didn't they learn anything from Killing Floor?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was perplexed when I found out their next game is WW2 shooter...helloooo people, WW2(and soviet one at that) shooters are so yesterday!

They have completely whacked priorities, instead of focusing on Killing Floor 2 with a new engine, open-ended SP campaign and better physics and animation they are wasting it all on something that nobody is interested in.

Just imagine the lame poor weapons of WW2, the uniformed enemies, the probably linear COD4-like campaign. How could they lose perspective so much, didn't they learn anything from Killing Floor?

Can we ban him for being disrespectful?(on more than one occasion)

TripWire's claim to fame is the realism that they provided players in the first RedOrchestra. Killing Floor is a little side-project they created and just happened to become one of the greatest Horror Co-Op games ever engineered.

RedOrchestra has become their baby and the game they have spent more time on. Also, the fanbase for RedOrchestra is what made KF so popular.

Please, go away.

Anthracy has placed a kick vote against tom_hr

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Honestly what you said disrespects every veteran that ever lived, and I feel sorry for you that you don't realise that TWI can't just sit there and release free updates on a side-project game, they have to make money, lest they go bankrupt and all of the great work TWI has done goes into nothingness from people expecting too much from a relatively small company.

You're very selfish and quite rude good sir.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.