• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Last Big Update Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was perplexed when I found out their next game is WW2 shooter...helloooo people, WW2(and soviet one at that) shooters are so yesterday!

They have completely whacked priorities, instead of focusing on Killing Floor 2 with a new engine, open-ended SP campaign and better physics and animation they are wasting it all on something that nobody is interested in.

I actually feel sorry for them.

Just imagine the lame poor weapons of WW2, the uniformed enemies, the probably linear COD4-like campaign. How could they lose perspective so much, didn't they learn anything from Killing Floor?

So much fail in a single post. Amazing.
How many 'good' WW2 shooters are there? And by good i mean realistic, authentic experiences? How many of them focus purely on the Eastern Front?
That's right: one. Red Orchestra.
RO was there before KF and if anything, the RO crowd is what got TWI where they are now, and imo are deserving of a sequel.
You're just a new kid on the block with a big mouth. Something the people in the alley dont take kindly to.

Upvote 0
Lads. You need to understand what you are dealing. This should help.

No, there are far more gay guys playing Killing Floor than there are female players. They are completely marginal and irrelevant for gaming like in all other games.

I'd rather play a girl than a gay guy skin. Prancing around in a John Inman skin is really not my cup of tea.

I don't care about your erroneous ridiculous cartoonish gay stereotypes which are completely disconnected from reality. Only 13% of gay men are feminine in demeanor, behavior or attitudes, so brain automatically economizes that perception and then generalizes it.
Of course cure for that is getting informed by other means than occasional TV trope theatrics.

P.S.
Also about the same percentage of hetero men are feminine so they are mistaken for being gay because of that economization/generalization. Learn the difference between causation and correlation.

Awesome.

[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=38560&highlight=john+inman&page=3[/URL]

Upvote 0
No one can argue that Red Orchestra isn't what made TWI what it is today. And I know what I'm about to voice is an unpopular opinion so I will put it more diplomatically than the troll but...

RO wasn't that good...

The problem is it's in a pretty saturated market. WW2 shooters are positively crawling out the woodwork so if that's what you're after there are a million better established series to choose from with bigger teams making them and higher development budgets behind them.

The two most overused and stale concepts in PC gaming right now are WW2 and macho space marines. It's been done to death.

Killing floor on the other hand was something new and relativity unique. Since its in a class of it's own it can get away with being a bit cheap and cheerful with it's graphics. It's an ideal title for a company like TWI to make it's name on and get a fan base. It gave them a chance to be a bit creative rather that sticking to a historical template, Nazis, panzers, mp44's etcetera.

RO on the other hand is just another WW2 shooter that isn't quite as good as most of the dozens of other WW2 shooters.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No one can argue that Red Orchestra isn't what made TWI what it is today. And I know what I'm about to voice is an unpopular opinion so I will put it more diplomatically than the troll but...

RO wasn't that good...
Yea, you're right.
It came in an already pretty saturated market, with the big advantage that it was all about the eastern front. That was the major selling point of it. And the tankbattles.

But RO did not excel in the intended gameplay. Tankbattles were soso, the same with the infantry battles. But overall a good game.

Upvote 0

Yup, he's a Level 6 Troll:

+60% more trolling per day
+60% damage on Flame attacks
+40 reply speed
+50% resistance to mods
+50% shorter suspension duration

80% discount on quoting others posts.

Only a Level 5+ Moderator stands a chance...

Upvote 0
LOL, you people are funny, like it's a rocket science predicting which would sell better, more polished KF2 with new engine or a stale old WW2 shooter with lame WW2 weapons and predictable story because it all happened already, so even in captivating and engaging players it fails by default from start...historic documentaries are not as popular as action movies you know..

Upvote 0

RO wasn't that good...

The problem is it's in a pretty saturated market. WW2 shooters are positively crawling out the woodwork so if that's what you're after there are a million better established series to choose from with bigger teams making them and higher development budgets behind them.

The two most overused and stale concepts in PC gaming right now are WW2 and macho space marines. It's been done to death.

Killing floor on the other hand was something new and relativity unique. Since its in a class of it's own it can get away with being a bit cheap and cheerful with it's graphics. It's an ideal title for a company like TWI to make it's name on and get a fan base. It gave them a chance to be a bit creative rather that sticking to a historical template, Nazis, panzers, mp44's etcetera.

RO on the other hand is just another WW2 shooter that isn't quite as good as most of the dozens of other WW2 shooters.

Agreed.

I've never considered purchasing RO even when it was on a $4.99 sale. Based on what I've seen from TWI I would imagine it's a great game but I'm utterly burned out on WWII shooters.

If you can't get a TWI fan like me on board then you're in trouble.

KF on the other hand is getting a huge loyal following even in during the onslaught from L4D and L4D2. TWI would be well advised to put resources into KF and an even more polished successor.

Upvote 0
LOL, you people are funny, like it's a rocket science predicting which would sell better, more polished KF2 with new engine or a stale old WW2 shooter with lame WW2 weapons and predictable story because it all happened already, so even in captivating and engaging players it fails by default from start...historic documentaries are not as popular as action movies you know..

for all you know the game could be the next big hit.

why dont you wait for it to come out and play it, before you call it a stale old ww2 shooter.

Upvote 0

Haha. Sometimes you get homophobes bashing gay people, sometimes you get internet rage adolescents bashing gay people, but every once in a great while someone does it so much that you immediately spot the defense mechanisms of someone who is still in the closet.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.