• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Doom2-final no longer on whitelist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just goes to show you how a poster child map gets a witchhunt but far worse maps remain, hypocrisy at its finest TWI.

Whitelist has been, is and for the foreseeable future will remain a joke of a restraint system.

Read the post, the problem is with the popularity of the exploits and doom2 was the most played/exploited.

Unfortunately, if you want custom maps on the whitelist, that is how it is going to be done.

Be grateful TWI didn't just blacklist all custom maps.

Deal with it.

Upvote 0
The last thread was so long I didn't post in it, but I do have thoughts on the matter. But first I'd like to express a twang of remorse for Nemjin as it seemed the community kind of ganged up on his map here, and got their wish.

Expect to see a TON of whiny "I don't like (Insert map here) so take it off of the Whitelist now!" topics in the future because of the groundwork that's laying... It's a rapid descent on a slippery slope...

Just goes to show you how a poster child map gets a witchhunt but far worse maps remain, hypocrisy at its finest TWI.

Whitelist has been, is and for the foreseeable future will remain a joke of a restraint system.

Harsh, but true from what I'm seeing.

I hate to say I told you so.

Too bad I found out about it too late.

You don't hate to say it one bit. For reasons I can't even begin to fathom, you seem to have a personal vendetta against that map. If you truly care about the "exploits" instead of just hating that map, then start pointing out the dozens of other maps that have similar, if not worse, issues instead of gloating...

Upvote 0
You don't hate to say it one bit. For reasons I can't even begin to fathom, you seem to have a personal vendetta against that map. If you truly care about the "exploits" instead of just hating that map, then start pointing out the dozens of other maps that have similar, if not worse, issues instead of gloating...

Already have, through PM's, posts, and other mediums.

After watching gusone's threads, I believe I have every right to gloat.

Upvote 0
Expect to see a TON of whiny "I don't like (Insert map here) so take it off of the Whitelist now!" topics in the future because of the groundwork that's laying... It's a rapid descent on a slippery slope..

You know, it actually not that worse. Imagine if there's another dozen so-called petitions happen, and TWI remove another dozen maps, they maybe tired of whitelisting maps and only official maps will be perk-able, the rest is just play for fun.

On second though, I can see someone post a screenshot with tons of sv running, say, manor or westlondon, and they say it's buggy, and TWI completely remove the perk system.

That will be a great day, and on that triumphant day, I'll hate to say "I told you so", but maybe I'll say "I like the big ones, don't you?"

Upvote 0
funny how boink is still whitelisted :eek:

yep now it begins, delisting flawed maps that were previously passed opens up a whole new can of worms. grinders will migrate to boink, when boink is gone they will go to the next, then the next. not that this is really a problem, there just needs to be some sort of consistency here. if you're going to delist any map with confirmed exploitable positions you might as well do them all.

Upvote 0
yep now it begins, delisting flawed maps that were previously passed opens up a whole new can of worms. grinders will migrate to boink, when boink is gone they will go to the next, then the next. not that this is really a problem, there just needs to be some sort of consistency here. if you're going to delist any map with confirmed exploitable positions you might as well do them all.

100% agree.

its not a problem with the doom2 map i already had a fixed version of the doom2 map for my mappack. so ye i putt that up for whitelisting request. :rolleyes:

I barely noticed anyone camp up there wen i was ingame but ok its there call + there game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So not only was there a silly 'petition' spam-thread about removing this specific map from the whitelist, it even got tolerated by the mods/admins and best of all, got dignified by actually removing that specific map from the list, basically encouraging that approach to de-whitelisting maps?
Yeah, that's really awesome...

Upvote 0
So not only was there a silly 'petition' spam-thread about removing this specific map from the whitelist, it even got tolerated by the mods/admins and best of all, got dignified by actually removing that specific map from the list, basically encouraging that approach to de-whitelisting maps?

Pretty much sums it all up. The way it was done is unacceptable. I've reported levelling maps before in PM to TWI. The hung drawn and quartering of Doom2 for all to see in public was totally unacceptable when a PM to TWI would of sufficed and some patience.

But at least the author of the orignal Doom2 hate post 'Anthracy' will feel really proud of of his achievement and the impact he has made to KF and other players. I'm sure server admins out therewill be patting 'Anthracy' on the back when he joins their server as will other players. Bravo.

Upvote 0

You, me, and Gusone seem to be the only ones who see what actually happened here. A thread attacking a map was not only completely tolerated, but in the end, it accomplished it's goal. Yes, kids, throwing temper tantrums on the internet forums is suddenly revealed to get you what you want. Go to town!

The sad part is that once someone fixes the issues that got it de-listed and it's re-listed, I expect his whining to immediately continue. I think it was definitely more of a case of "I hate this map and don't want to see it on servers anymore so I'll smear it using an exploit that happens to be in it" rather than "I hate the exploit in this map"

Upvote 0
The sad part is that once someone fixes the issues that got it de-listed and it's re-listed, I expect his whining to immediately continue.

I already placed my bets on that, and I'm eager to keep an eye out for the following wave of using cats, dogs, mice, bears and birds to find every possible exploit here and there and reporting maps to get them de-whitelisted.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.