• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Operation Flashpoint 2 preview and screenies

Having spent days, weeks and more play-testing the same mission I reckon they are petty darn good.
The trouble with vehicles is more due to the road id thing in Visitor than the actual bots.

I'm tempted to get DR, just to compare the two.

Well I suppose it's just the demo mission. Hate how they just run up the hill into the village and inside the village they just run, stop and prone on a road :||

Upvote 0
Well I suppose it's just the demo mission. Hate how they just run up the hill into the village and inside the village they just run, stop and prone on a road :||

Understood.
If you do things through the editor, you can give yourself pretty much 100% control of your squad.
It makes for interesting game-play.

I hear there is a deal over at Steam.

Upvote 0
Started playing it today and so far I think it's pretty much crap. So far there seems to be no real story at all resulting in hardly any real atmosphere, ArmA2 did this MUCH MUCH better. There's a little console feeling to it but not so much that it would seriously bother me. Graphics are average but not as bad as I thought. Right now I'm seriously asking myself if there's actually anything about this game worth giving it another chance. It's just so mediocre.

Upvote 0
I finished the campaign this weekend, after a lot of frustration, and theres NO sense of acheivement, just a short "win" movie and credits roll... last mission was kinda fun since you can basically get a tank and roll all over.

Tried multiplayer but hardly any servers and play is just chaotic with guys swooping around in helos...

Upvote 0
Haven't tested the demo's MP functionality yet (and probably won't), but the SP mission failed to excite me. Graphics are very bland (and LOD scaling seems to be very aggressive), and the interface has an obvious console heritage. In a few cases this works (squad control is more intuitive than in the OFP incarnations by BIS), in many more it feels clunky and limits your options. I'd say that's the deal-breaker for me.

With CM trying to base this on consoles, and BIS refusing to actually improve OFP in 2 sequels, the franchise seems to be dead. Maybe a joint production could've worked, the separate attempts clearly didn't.
I like the game, a shame it never got a worthy successor :(

Upvote 0
I cant believe PC Zone gave this game 90%. Someone must have stripped out the existing team and replaced them with a bunch of easily pleased, console-fanboys. **** me if i ever buy their magazine ever again!

Ok i did not give this demo a fair crack of the whip but the controls are awful. Not only do the menu's suck and require more back and forth action than a lady of the night, the mouse movement seems to be ported over from the Xbox 360 controller. There is a slight bit of input lag and aiming does not reflect how my mouse normally controls my computer.

POS.

Upvote 0
I cant believe PC Zone gave this game 90%. Someone must have stripped out the existing team and replaced them with a bunch of easily pleased, console-fanboys. **** me if i ever buy their magazine ever again!

Ok i did not give this demo a fair crack of the whip but the controls are awful. Not only do the menu's suck and require more back and forth action than a lady of the night, the mouse movement seems to be ported over from the Xbox 360 controller. There is a slight bit of input lag and aiming does not reflect how my mouse normally controls my computer.

POS.

didnt PC Zone also give Modern Warfare 2 10 out of 10?

Upvote 0