• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Dedicated Server Crush bug

We now have a fix for this crash up on HLDS. It is currently behind a beta password until we can verify that it is ready to be released fully. If you would like to test out this fix, please add the following to your HLSD commandline to grab the update:

-beta kfwinserverfix1006

Please post on here if you are testing the fix and let us know how it works for you.

I'm testing the fix and will report back the results over the next few days.

Upvote 0
ummmm....

Is this a beta file?
kfchar.u : 300,920 byte

Isn't it this bug?
>Adjusted the spawning of the Patriarch boss character to prevent cases where the boss was spawning too close to players.

Log: PlayAnim: Sequence 'Jump' not found for mesh 'Patriarch_Freak'
ScriptLog: CHOOSEATTACKSERIAL in state InitialHunting enemy NONE old enemy NONE CALLING BYTE 26
:
LOOP
:
ScriptLog: CHOOSEATTACKSERIAL in state InitialHunting enemy NONE old enemy NONE CALLING BYTE 26
Critical: BossZombieController KF-ElementarySchool.BossZombieController (Function Old2k4.MonsterController.ChooseAttackMode:003E) Runaway loop detected (over 10000000 iterations)
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError

Upvote 0
so how goes the fix, anyone? I didn't want to install this at first, since I was yet to come across any instance of this bug. I just saw it for the first time today (xp-x86), in a case where I was in a spot that the pat probably did not have a path to. I was "testing" a map on my server (KF-The_Rock_beta1), sitting on a ladder in an elevator shaft. as those of you who have played this map probably know, the zeds here have trouble finding players in this area. :D

so z-man I think what you're looking at could be their previously stable pat-spawning routine, although not always in ideal positions was probably less prone to crashing on pathing errors, so it looks like it has been reverted(?) along with whatever solution they came up with to work around this, just a guess.

and this error -
Log: PlayAnim: Sequence 'Jump' not found for mesh 'Patriarch_Freak'

is probably the most common one I see in my ucc output, pretty much every round that is played spams it constantly all throughout the game.

along with -
Log: PlayAnim: Sequence 'Hit[R|L|B]_Katana' not found for mesh 'british_riot_police_I'

and -
Log: PlayAnim: Sequence 'DeathB' not found for mesh 'british_riot_police_I'

every time this character is in use. never causes any crashes though, but no doubt the game would probably run a lot smoother without these constant errors.

Upvote 0
I've had 2 servers up using the beta kfwinserverfix1006 fix for a couple of days now without any crash incidents. The servers have been well populated over that time and I've made a conscious effort to join them periodically as well.

Overall gameplay in these servers doesn't feel quite as smooth as prior to the latest updates with noticable player warping on a few occasions. Pre caching of maps is also a lot longer when joining the servers as well.

Upvote 0
Is this a beta file?
kfchar.u : 300,920 byte

Error: KFGameType KF-AquaStudy-V2Final.KFGameType (Function KFMod.KFGameType.MatchInProgress.SetupPickups:01D7) Accessed array 'WeaponPickups' out of bounds (0/0)
Warning: KFGameType KF-AquaStudy-V2Final.KFGameType (Function KFMod.KFGameType.MatchInProgress.SetupPickups:01D7) Accessed None 'WeaponPickups'
NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection *.*.*.*:* 09/01/09 00:24:37
:
Critical: BossZombieController KF-AquaStudy-V2Final.BossZombieController (Function KFMod.KFMonsterController.ExecuteWhatToDoNext:0092) Runaway loop detected (over 10000000 iterations)
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError

Upvote 0
The phenomenon was completely reproduced.

The server crashes when failing in the player's search.
Patriarch spawn or Patriarch run.

Example:
It fails in the search in waiting on the stand of the KF-Concert_Hall.
The server crashes when Patriarch spawn waiting on the stand.

solo crush log.

Build KillingFloor_Build_[2009-02-09_10.82]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 3171 MHz with 2046MB RAM
Video: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series (6983)

BossZombieController KF-Concert_Hall.BossZombieController (Function Old2k4.MonsterController.EnemyVisible:0001) Runaway loop detected (over 10000000 iterations)

History: FFrame::Serialize <- AActor::processState <- Object BossZombieController KF-Concert_Hall.BossZombieController, Old State State KFChar.BossZombieController.InitialHunting, New State State KFChar.BossZombieController.InitialHunting <- AController::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level KF-Concert_Hall_Final_Beta <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 4C576C61 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

fix it at once.

thank you for a test by a Japanese community.:)

Attachments

• Shot00027.jpg
    Shot00027.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
A good 3 days without a crash now and I've played multiple end waves with the Patriarch albeit in custom maps. I haven't attempted to test Z-MAN's hypothesis about the server crashing when the players are elevated above ground? when the Patriarch is searching for them but will give it a go.

The crash happens easily in a lot of places.
Roomette in kf-farm.
Corner in kf-offices.

It crashes when staying 1 player.

player 1 ok
player 2 ok
player 3 error -> crush.:eek:

Upvote 0
infinite loop bug still exists, even with beta patch. the server is running on xp-x86, intel p4 northwood 2.26 ghz / 845e, 1gb ddr.

Code:
CHOOSEATTACKSERIAL in state InitialHunting enemy NONE old enemy NONE CALLING BYTE 26
with runaway loop just like z-man has posted above.

I just had a chance to test the exact same case I found it in before, and it crashed in exactly the same way, before he could spawn and do the 3rd person view.

to be clear, my method of reproducing this bug is not actually in an unreachable spot, just one that the ai is not easily able to negotiate.

Upvote 0