• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-Sewers

dextronaut

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 26, 2009
Pacific Northwest
KF-Sewers

here is my port of KF-Sewers originally by Alex for KF mod 1.0

http://www.filefront.com/14333833/KF-Sewers.rar

this is a pretty hard map, harder than bioticslab and offices in my opinion. not really sure why this map never made it to retail but its a damn good one if you like tight action. everything has been restored and is virtually the same aside from a few additions to help the specimen. there are 3 traders, i used the "katiana christ" trader as it is my signature thing ;-P... also, there is no music, so enjoy the ambience of the sewers :)... heres a few screenshots:

Shot00018.png

Shot00019-1.png

Shot00020.png

Shot00022-1.png

Shot00023-1.png

Shot00024-1.png

Shot00025.png

Shot00026.png

Shot00027-1.png

Last edited:
Looks good.

there is no music
Looked good.

I don't mean to put you on the spot as you're not the only one that has done this, but I'd rather map authors did not make the choice of "music of no music" for us. If I didn't want music, I could disable it easily enough in the sound settings menu, but I happen to quite enjoy the default tunes and prefer to leave them on. However, you've forced the option on me with no way to change it (that I know of, anyway). That's mildly inconsiderate, to say the least. Tell me at least, did the original have music?

That notwithstanding, it looks like a good port. I'll give it a whirl right now.

Upvote 0
Looks good.

Looked good.

I don't mean to put you on the spot as you're not the only one that has done this, but I'd rather map authors did not make the choice of "music of no music" for us. If I didn't want music, I could disable it easily enough in the sound settings menu, but I happen to quite enjoy the default tunes and prefer to leave them on. However, you've forced the option on me with no way to change it (that I know of, anyway). That's mildly inconsiderate, to say the least. Tell me at least, did the original have music?

That notwithstanding, it looks like a good port. I'll give it a whirl right now.

im the nostalgic type. so if there were to be music, i wouldve added the music that was originally on the map from 1.0 but then that wuold mean that the music would be included with the zip for you to put in your music folder. not everyone would be able to hear it because then it would be custom music (kf-doom, kf-facility, kf-pandorasbox, etc). its cool but not fair for those who dont have the music installed.

so i decided no music, just let you guys play with the ambience of the sewer and/or whatever you have going on your music player.

as i was saying, im the nostalgic type when it comes to video games, music, and art, etc etc... so youre lucky i didnt erase the trader entirely and went with the old lockers setup instead, i thought about it ;-)

Upvote 0

i put alot of work into it to make it a really good port:-D, its one my favorite maps, also one of the hardest maps ever... just hope youre not too upset about the music thing. it was a tough choice but give it a try and see what you think about the ambience of the map. has a eerie atmosphere to it top to bottom.

Upvote 0
I just played it. Did not make it very far. Died first wave by myself. Damn.:p

ya thats why i love it, its a challenge for most. really enforces teamwork, but its so tight quarters that you have to be somewhat apart, if some guy isnt paying attention, he can really ruin it for the rest of the team. this and bioticslab are my fav!

Upvote 0
Lo

This map did have music during the "beta" but when the map started it was waaaaay too loud. People even had their music turned off and it still played hella loud.

This map is way better w/o music becuase there is a ton of sound effects that totally add to the game.

Love the map dex

Upvote 0
im the nostalgic type. so if there were to be music, i wouldve added the music that was originally on the map from 1.0 but then that wuold mean that the music would be included with the zip for you to put in your music folder. not everyone would be able to hear it because then it would be custom music (kf-doom, kf-facility, kf-pandorasbox, etc). its cool but not fair for those who dont have the music installed.

So what's wrong with doom and other maps like that?
In fact they're the best maps in kf...

That's kind of the point of downloading map manually. Elseway you could just download everything before joining the game.
If some people don't have the music installed it's their own problem.

Next time don't rip the music out. Especially if you're porting a map that used to have a wonderful music originally.

Upvote 0
This map does already have music, but you just have to have all of the ogg files from the mod version of KF copied over to your retail copy. It seems KF2.ogg (Or "decreplica" as it's named) is the only song set to play, but that's good enough for me.

One question: Is it possible to make the old Trader play her animations? She doesn't have to perform the triggered "come in" animation, but anything aside from the unanimated T-pose would be an improvement.

Upvote 0
This map does already have music, but you just have to have all of the ogg files from the mod version of KF copied over to your retail copy. It seems KF2.ogg (Or "decreplica" as it's named) is the only song set to play, but that's good enough for me.

One question: Is it possible to make the old Trader play her animations? She doesn't have to perform the triggered "come in" animation, but anything aside from the unanimated T-pose would be an improvement.

i tried porting over the animations but it wasnt working too well. and i dont think TWI is going to lend a hand, nor is Alex. but maybe one day ppl will raise their voice and call for her return. until then, she is affectionately known as Katiana Christ, she trades for your sins.

PS: i uploaded the music for you, if it works it works, if it doesnt then well, you have some good KF music. im not a fan of the whole, "custom music that i have but you dont" so dont rub it in too much if it works for you :p

http://www.filefront.com/14343747/KF-1.0music.rar

PPS: TWI please bring back Zynthetics song "Spine" it was the best KF song EVER.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't know if anyone even plays this anymore, but I have been lately and I noticed a problem: when the patriarch appears, the patriarch music in-game gets started at an INCREDIBLY high volume. Basically, you can't hear anything else in the game except the music and you have to turn your volume down - it's that loud. All 10 waves before that are just fine.

Can this please be fixed (and the new version submitted for whitelisting)?

Also, dex if you have some time please add a spawn somewhere close to the corner where you can see the pipe that's vertical (with the crawlers spawn). It's an incredibly easy place to camp, and specimens basically have no chance walking down the long hallway - and the crawler spawn is very far away. Get 2-3 xbows there and you got the map beaten no problem.

The corner I'm talking about is this one:
Shot00025.png

If you push backwards from the screenshot above, you'll arrive at the said corner.

It's a really cool looking map, but with that corner being so easy and spawns so far away it's extremely boring.

Without at least the music fix, this map is off my server. The music glitch is too annoying.

Last edited:
Upvote 0