• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KFS-DegenerationMultiplayerV1 Thread

Dude, eiether you write something thats helpful or constructive, or don't write anything at all.
I will ask not to pass to persons! I with you did not drink! The criticism was not pleasant? And I rectilinear and as all to lick to you do not gather! Work disgusting and that useful does not bear! Zero Players have thrown interest tomatoes and have asked to throw out this stuff that I and have made IMHO and it is not necessary here from myself the king to build...
:mad:

Upvote 0
I will ask not to pass to persons! I with you did not drink! The criticism was not pleasant? And I rectilinear and as all to lick to you do not gather! Work disgusting and that useful does not bear! Zero Players have thrown interest tomatoes and have asked to throw out this stuff that I and have made IMHO and it is not necessary here from myself the king to build...
:mad:

This is a great example of good trolling

and/or

how bad online translators can be.

Upvote 0
I really hoped the community would have been given a chance to see KF-DegenerationMPV1 a lot earlier for beta testing as it looked to be an epic map in all respects. After play testing for a while I've come across multiple issues that I hope can be addressed before the count down timer ends. At the time of posting there are still 5 hours to go.

The first one is performance. I'm running a medium spec graphics card but am get very low frame rate is many areas. I'm dropping to 11 for some parts. Even on my card (Nvidia 9600GT), I'd have hoped for better than that.
degenration1.jpg

Sticking points. I've got stuck and couldn't move in two areas. The first was after leaving the spawn area. There's is a place with fire and broken concrete that doesn't allow escape. There was also a place along the plane gangplank.
degenration5.jpg

Missing textures or revisions. This area is lacking a door and the sky is could use a tweak.
degenration2.jpg

degenration4.jpg

A few meshes appear to be aligned out of context and could use some tweaking.

degenration3.jpg

The furthest I could get to was here. I'm certainly in need of backup support.

degenration6.jpg

I hope you still have time to review these points and that this map meets with the rules' requirement 'implement all standard Killing Floor gameplay functionality...unless the map implements a custom gametype in code (in which case all gameplay functionality must be implemented to support that custom gametype)'

This is certainly going to be a great map for the 2nd wave once everything's ironed out.

Upvote 0
I'll try to give feedback as a player.

This map plays differently compared to standard circular KF maps. The specimens behave differently, Scrakes behave like Gorefasts etc. There are performance issues, there's lag whenever you kill some specimens. IMO it's not worth uploading to a server and playing online right now but the map has potential, like arramus said it needs to be ironed out.

Upvote 0
I'm wondering if the lag problem is related to the Nvidia stutter drivers issue with the Unreal Engine 2.5 and Windows XP.

I haven't had a chance to play the Multiplayer version yet, but on the single player map, I had the "kill stutter" between firing a weapon and the specimen dying occuring every few minutes.

I'm running Windows XP SP3 with BFG GeForce 8800 GTS OC 512MB and 178.24 drivers.

Upvote 0
I'm wondering if the lag problem is related to the Nvidia stutter drivers issue with the Unreal Engine 2.5 and Windows XP.

I haven't had a chance to play the Multiplayer version yet, but on the single player map, I had the "kill stutter" between firing a weapon and the specimen dying occuring every few minutes.

I'm running Windows XP SP3 with BFG GeForce 8800 GTS OC 512MB and 178.24 drivers.
No it happens on my ATI card as well.

Upvote 0
Im running on a HD4870, and i have no problem :p

I have heard the following from hear-say

- It only lags if it is the first game of KF you play when opening KF
- It lags ONLY on solo / Listened servers (not dedicated)
- It lags ONLY if you play the opening intro on SP mode
- It only lags in the Security area.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just played map with a friend. We got much fun. Thank you, Kicker! Your map is awesome like always. Just one thing. There's place with door-locators(sorry for my bad English, hope you understand), It can be passed without alerting "Here they comes" by jumping on suit-cases. Is it a bag? Or you done it speccialy for us?:D

Upvote 0