• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-Biohazard

Ok folks Im dragging this up from the past.

It has been brought to my attention that this map is currently not working with perks enabled even though it is submmited on the white list.

There is a simple reason for this and with the release of an updated version of this map within the next few days will be put right.

I will try to release the update either with the release of a beta for my latest project KF-LondonUnderground or just after.

Thank you all

Filthy.

Upvote 0
Hey Filth, as much as everyone loves this map, something has been brought to my attention that requires a newer version(with a different file name, obviously) before it can be on the white list:

This map has many exploits where player can camp and easily get headshots, or do whatever damage.

One for example:
34q7lom.png

1zldpip.png

Think you can fix these issues over this weekend for us, please?

Upvote 0
It's one of my favourite custom maps, but i hope you'll fix it.

It just needs blocking volumes to be added. I'm not a mapper so i can't explain tho.

Those cabinets are not the only thing where you can go on.

There's another 'dead end' that although has some stuff (desks, chairs, thrash, etc) for keeping players out but they can still just jump on them and go where they shouldn't.

There was also a picture posted in this topic before that needs fixing aswell.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yup no worries trooper, missed that! and first report of it so a big thx. I am currently working on a release of this map as an extended version.

Truthfully though not to much as changed I have just added a couple of new holds ups and a passage way and tweaked with the lighting a tad.

Renamed it to KF-Biohazard-Ex just to sound posh :p so all should be good.

Once again Xienen cheers for the report your a gent.

Filthy.

Upvote 0
Ok here is a small Extended version of Biohazard. The main structure of the map remains the same apart from a few small additions ( see Change list below ). I have worked a few fixies into this update without adding any new issues hopefully :)

Hope you like the changes

Cheers Filthy.

Map Name: KF-Biohazard-Ex

Author: JustFilth

Pictures:

bioex14.jpg

bioex15.jpg

bioex5.jpg

Description of map: Medium sized map, indoors.

Storyline: 6 months after the initial outbreak, It seems that the specimens are growing in numbers. Created without reproduction systems and unable to breed for the last few survivors this is a bit of a conundrum.

From what information they have pieced together the steady flow of undead are coming from the the labs at Huntington. One thing they don't know is that it is the undead themselves that have evolved and under the direction of there master the Patriarch, who when alive was one of the scientist that helped give life to the dead is now starting the deadly process again.

Can the survivors infiltrate the Huntington labs and stop the flow of zombies and finally pull the plug or will they wittingly walk into there own deaths and provide the Patriarch with new material for his gruesome work.

Map Download: http://www.filefront.com/14054883/KF-Biohazard-Ex.zip/ Download Size:2.01 MB

KillingFloorMods.Com

Credits: Tripwire interactive

Change list from Final:

Added Block volume to certain areas

Reworked textures

Reworked lighting

Change some door statics to ones with no portholes

Added underground holding cells block

Added hold up area in basement

Added new ward on ground floor

Added new ward on first floor

Now properly portalled

Contact info: justfilth@live DOT co DOT uk

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice one filthy. The extra rooms added make it a weld fest now in the big rooms now theres some 4+ points of entry for mobs. Nice paint job looks more derilect and worn, darker and grimer. Well and truely raised by the mutants some while ago. Love the rust feature on the doors, I weld alot so I notice an^l things like that. The filing cabinet room is nicer now with the furniture and the drapes over the doors work obscuring the view slightly of whats coming. Thumbs up from the DSAS alcoholics!

Upvote 0
Everything in this new version is a great improvement except for the deep black/brown overlay that covers the entire screen and darkens the whole view area to an absurd degree. Because the overlay affects everything, even the flashlight becomes completely and utterly useless. It is by no means an exaggeration to say that you can't see anything. Here, I made a comparison:

biohazarde.jpg

This isn't the result of any manipulation. The new version is just that dark. And yes, I do have my flashlight enabled in both images. As is obvious, it doesn't help in the slightest. And no, it's not because the actual lighting in this room's new version is darker. It's near identical in both as can be seen in spectator mode where the overlay doesn't take effect.

This screen overlay has made your map virtually unplayable. I would implore you to remove it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0