• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-Biohazard

JustFilth

Grizzled Veteran
May 15, 2009
UK
www.leveldesigner.co.uk
Ok here is a small Extended version of Biohazard. The main structure of the map remains the same apart from a few small additions ( see Change list below ). I have worked a few fixies into this update without adding any new issues hopefully :)

Hope you like the changes

Cheers Filthy.

Map Name: KF-Biohazard-Ex

Author: JustFilth

Pictures:

bioex14.jpg

bioex15.jpg

bioex5.jpg

Description of map: Medium sized map, indoors.

Storyline: 6 months after the initial outbreak, It seems that the specimens are growing in numbers. Created without reproduction systems and unable to breed for the last few survivors this is a bit of a conundrum.

From what information they have pieced together the steady flow of undead are coming from the the labs at Huntington. One thing they don't know is that it is the undead themselves that have evolved and under the direction of there master the Patriarch, who when alive was one of the scientist that helped give life to the dead is now starting the deadly process again.

Can the survivors infiltrate the Huntington labs and stop the flow of zombies and finally pull the plug or will they wittingly walk into there own deaths and provide the Patriarch with new material for his gruesome work.

Map Download: http://www.filefront.com/14054883/KF-Biohazard-Ex.zip/ Download Size:2.01 MB

KillinFloorMods.Com

Credits: Tripwire interactive

Change list from Final:

Added Block volume to certain areas

Reworked textures

Reworked lighting

Change some door statics to ones with no portholes

Added underground holding cells block

Added hold up area in basement

Added new ward on ground floor

Added new ward on first floor

Now properly portalled

Contact info: justfilth@live DOT co DOT uk

Last edited:
Thanks again TROOPERS!!! :D

@ slayerduck

Unfortunitly the map in its final state only contians 6 player start points. The reason for this is because of the way Zombie spawns are situtated and the actual design of the map are based on a 6 player team having to work together. Any more then the above quoted players I beleive would take the tactical essence away from the map and basically turn it into a rank up map.

This being said it is very easy to modify the level with the editor if you wish to choose so. I just believe a map needs to be made to suit such play. But by all means feel free to have a crack at it.

Thanks you GUYS!!! GALS!!!

JustFilth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just took a look at KF-Biohazard in the editor and can see the updates since the last Beta build that will improve gameplay and the overall look.

This is a great first KF map with an editor you're not used to. Your design and lighting certainly displays the skill of an experienced level editor. I look forward to future maps from you to see where things move technically as well as you become more familiar with the tools.

Upvote 0
Thanks again TROOPERS!!! :D

@ slayerduck

Unfortunitly the map in its final state only contians 6 player start points. The reason for this is because of the way Zombie spawns are situtated and the actual design of the map are based on a 6 player team having to work together. Any more then the above quoted players I beleive would take the tactical essence away from the map and basically turn it into a rank up map.

Well even with 6 player start points it works awesome on our servers and the trader room is big enough.
Great job, one of the best maps out there! :)

Upvote 0
Hi shah3211,

As far as I am aware there should be no mismatch, If the server is running the Final say and a client with the beta joins the server should reconize this and automatically overwrite the older version with the newer version, just like in other games.

Deek,

Hope you enjoy your time on KF-Biohazard

mastertheknife,

Great news, I personally wasnt sure wether it would work or no as I was under the impression that I would of have to place a playerstart for each player.

gusone,

Thank you for the great comment.

arramus,

Yes I'm looking forward to getting my teeth stuck in more deeply, next project for me will be a terrain base enviroment so I can get used to the terrian and alpha blend system with the editor.

Cheers all and have fun TROOPERS!

JustFilth

Upvote 0
your beta version and final version have the same name, wont this cause some mismatch?

yes, it pretty much will. at least for those servers that use automatic redirects like the one gameservers.com offer. i had to rename the final map to be able to play it on my server.
i hope people will put version names at the end of their map names. it gets really annoying when you don't know which version is installed.

that aside, this map is a pleasure to play and i have been playing it on my server quite a bit. :)

Upvote 0
Hi fabi,

After your comment I decided to test this out on my own dedicated server supplied by inx.

Before proceeding I fully uninstalled KF locally and did a reg clean even though I was sure that wouldnt be needed. I then reinstalled KF to latest version and also installed KF-Biohazard ( beta version ) onto my local machine .

My server is a linux based server, patched to 1002 with redirect setup, The server is currently running the final version of KF-Biohazard.

With the beta installed on my local pc I joined my server while the final was in rotation. The server reconized I had the beta version and redirect automatically kicked in for the final to be downloaded. The beta was overwriten and I had no issues joining the server and launching the game.

This is at least how it should work.

Maybe an error code or something would be good to take this further.

Cheers Trooper

JustFilth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi glassman "REMOVE THE BETA when installing the final" If you are installing onto your local machine or server yes this is great, although a basic copy and past over the top will surfice.

The point Fabi and shah3211 are making is if say for instance someone has downloaded the beta and then joins a server which is running the final. This is where they think/wonder there could be a mismatch.

Like I stated above I tested this and found no issues.

CheerTroopers

JustFilth.

Upvote 0
Hi glassman "REMOVE THE BETA when installing the final" If you are installing onto your local machine or server yes this is great, although a basic copy and past over the top will surfice.

The point Fabi and shah3211 are making is if say for instance someone has downloaded the beta and then joins a server which is running the final. This is where they think/wonder there could be a mismatch.

Like I stated above I tested this and found no issues.

CheerTroopers

JustFilth.
The problem occurs when a public redirect, such as Gameservers, is used. Uploading a newer version of the map (with the same name as the original one) to such a redirect requires extra effort from the admins - effort that can easily be avoided with version tagging.

Upvote 0
The problem occurs when a public redirect, such as Gameservers, is used. Uploading a newer version of the map (with the same name as the original one) to such a redirect requires extra effort from the admins - effort that can easily be avoided with version tagging.

Indeed. My point had nothing to do with a player with the beta joining a final map server.

Gameservers.com for one supply redirect servers that work automatically - they simply mirror the maps that you upload to your server and add them to the redirect.

However if the map name stays the same but the map is changed there will be a mismatch with the redirect, which I cannot fix because I do not have direct access to the redirect.

.... PLUS it is ALWAYS good to know if a server if running an old buggy version or if it is the newest - something you CANNOT see before joining if the map doesn't contain a version number...

Upvote 0