• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The ArmA 2 thread (hurr hurr, no Armed Assault 2)

I downloaded the demo and it refuses to even start for me....keep getting an error message:

This application has fialed to start because X3DAudio1_6.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Ok I did that about 5 times and still get the same message when I try to start it.

Corupted installer, redownload it.

Upvote 0
I downloaded the demo and it refuses to even start for me....keep getting an error message:

This application has fialed to start because X3DAudio1_6.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Ok I did that about 5 times and still get the same message when I try to start it.
You need DX9 redistributable, if you're running Vista or Win 7 with DX10 or higher there are some components of DX9 missing, this is one of them. To fix this issue just go to the microsoft site and search for "direct x 9 redistributable". Install that and you'll be good to go.

DO NOT listen to others here and re-download it as you'll be wasting bandwidth.

Also this very issue and fix is listed in the readme for the demo as well :p

Upvote 0

Download the steam version if you haven't already. I had the same message with the non-steam versions.

Upvote 0
i got this game was playn with my frend then all sudden the enemy he popped out a corner he had ak47 pulled it out so we unloading on him but then we got ambshed by the stupid bots i look right my frend dead l8r told me he kicked in the penis he was hurt hurt bad
yo wow nigga tis crazy man woohoo homie east coast style driveby glock17 up yo ***

Upvote 0
yo wow nigga tis crazy man woohoo homie east coast style driveby glock17 up yo ***

**** boi i jus playin game man me my friends my clan we like in server so the bots ambsh us all voer so we was figh ehll n back so ehtn the gus in thae server tlk bout rplpalyn i liek **** rolelpay wtf is roleplay so i wa sbein shot at and my friend da cop car he was in the is2 poc car follon him while he liek watch it airb im liek oh man tank in fron of me so then i look round bts cuz the servers gots bots all over we shoot cars and my frind poull out secret wepon atmoc n00b on h9s *** so den we puill the da gun it be like a mp42 gun so we then be like :eek::eek::eek::eek: tank so my friend got shot in the butss :(so i radio frind i was liek yo pck me up so hen we ame back for me in the apache gunship thingy and he pick me up in copter ;) so ten ahe startd go in all smiley on me :):):) im like kstop :mad he said oaky so we went spawn then my i got kicked for being too good :cool:

Upvote 0
The demo apparently is 1.02 + some elements of 1.03.

I have played the German version at 1.00 release, there's a pretty big difference. For one it performs much better and also they have opened up the video options completely.

I am finding the demo runs very well for me with everything except AA and AF set to High, view distance 3000m, fillrate 100% (or 3D resolution set to the same as my monitor) and Post processing off. I hate the post processing, it is so ****ing blurry it's unbelievable. My guess is they are trying to hide how ugly the terrain can look at distance from your player with the blur.

It's like;
Post processing on Low = pretty damn blurry
Post processing on High = oh god my ****ing eyes!!!

When you have it off you can actually engage the enemy at range, it's great, however the game doesn't look much better than Arma I with it off.

Upvote 0