• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The ArmA 2 thread (hurr hurr, no Armed Assault 2)

Question for the ARMA, ARMA:OA experts.

I purchased both through Steam some time ago. I've since upgraded computers and thought I'd give them a try once more.

I can't remember whether or not:

ARMA is required to run ARMA:OA?

ARMA needs to be installed before :OA or if ARMA can be installed later or if its included with :OA?

What do I need to install and in what order? Where are the players going to be?

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Question for the ARMA, ARMA:OA experts.

I purchased both through Steam some time ago. I've since upgraded computers and thought I'd give them a try once more.

I can't remember whether or not:

ARMA is required to run ARMA:OA?

ARMA needs to be installed before :OA or if ARMA can be installed later or if its included with :OA?

What do I need to install and in what order? Where are the players going to be?

Thanks.

I think you may need Combined Ops - that version is most commonly use in multiplayer. First install ArmA 2 and then OA to same folder. The problem might be steam - I'm not experienced here, but friends of mine don't have a problem with that and use basic mods like ACE w/o any issues.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
hey guys so I found out about this invasion 1944 mod for Arma2, and I bought Arma2 a long time ago on steam but never really bothered with it.
Now this mod looks really nice but, would I be able to find people playing it on the internet? Or do I have to arrange play sessions with friends etc?

Basically is there anyone playing this on the net?

Just a quick question. Did you only buy the original Arma2? Not Operation Arrowhead?

Invasion 1944 requires Arma2 Combined Operations which means you need to have Arma2 and Arma2 Operation Arrowhead.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0