• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-LOTD-Downtown

Oh no! Not that, me being shirty! hahah.

As for the headline: "This is the downtown map from Land of the Dead Road to Fiddlers Green." That doesn't really account for anything. You can make all forms of maps based on other games and mods, but by the way he has it presented in this forum it seem's as if he's taking credit for making the whole map, instead of just a port. Understand?

I understood that the map wasn't made from scratch and that acidchalk isn't the original author perfectly well. It just seems you were the only one who didn't "get it".

But anyway, yeah, let's move on. :)

Upvote 0
Great work on the port.

We had the previous version (KF-Downtown) installed in our server and it was often played. Amazing map and flawless of bugs.
We changed to this version (to fix the camping on truck glitch) but in this one, zombies barely spawn, it's boring.
Our server is 24 player server with 96 max runtime zombies. in the previous version we were flooded and sorrunded by zombies, but in this one, barely anything spawns, and we find ourselves searching for the zombies.
If you can, please fix the spawns to be like in previous version or create a special version, the current version but with the spawn stuff from previous version, that would be really appreciated.

Upvote 0
Great work on the port.

We had the previous version (KF-Downtown) installed in our server and it was often played. Amazing map and flawless of bugs.
We changed to this version (to fix the camping on truck glitch) but in this one, zombies barely spawn, it's boring.
Our server is 24 player server with 96 max runtime zombies. in the previous version we were flooded and sorrunded by zombies, but in this one, barely anything spawns, and we find ourselves searching for the zombies.
If you can, please fix the spawns to be like in previous version or create a special version, the current version but with the spawn stuff from previous version, that would be really appreciated.

I will fix this all tomorrow night. Then i go back to my new (non port) map lol... that has been eating up all my free time.

Upvote 0
Hi,

During the weekend i tried to check for the cause of the problem.
I noticed that you have around 20 spawns. I enabled spawn debugging for all of them and started a solo game. Only 2-3 spawns were working (green), the rest were red.
The problem with all of them was the pivot, it should be on the bottom center. I corrected that for all spawns and fired a solo game again to check. This time all spawns were green, and i did notice now that the spawns really work.
I thought all good and uploaded it to the server, the problem was slightly improved but still existed. barely anything spawned.
In the first version we were flooded with zombies.

I think a possible cause is the spawn in the small room with TV. many spawn there, but can't get out, which gets me to believe that the problem is not with the spawns, but the zombies just can't get out. They get out at a very small rate, I will have to test that theory with the previous version, but as far as i remember, they had no problems coming out. Changed paths in that room perhaps?

Also, most spawns are on visible places, such as the roofs, which are visible to the player. when a player has a line of sight to a spawn, that particular spawn won't spawn anything.
Since the spawns for the previous version are pretty much identical, i don't think thats the problem. but for i think adding more spawns to this big map will make it much better, zombies will suprise us from many other places and less blocked spawns from line of sight.

Those are my suggestions.. :)

Upvote 0
Actually, the appearance is quite good although I don't Land of the Dead, but everything inside is well-made and thoughtful but I think the spawn points are not enough because sometimes it will stop spawning and causing dead-air for us. Can you add few more spawn points??

especially above the truck, because I know some of the players will climb up the truck and stay there. It will be more exciting and unexpected when mobs are coming from everywhere.

Upvote 0
We also like this map, good game experience and also different from the oppresive athmosphere that most of the kf maps have. This change of athmosphere is great when you are playing lot's of hours in a row. These colorful and diffent mapps like this one and Heresy (extraordinary), makes the game more fun.

Upvote 0