• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Official Statement on SDK

Good job guys hope you stick to your word with this which I'm sure you will. Been eager to see what the community makes. I cant do maps myself but I have no doubt that the modding community will convert old maps from the mod within 48 hours if that.

I might look into Map Making during my summer hols.

Upvote 0
What programming language is this game built upon? By sdk I got really excited hoping it was the source code so I could rebuild the server core files in C++ but it seems to be a simple map, model, sound editor?

I was hoping to increase the max player limit which i believe is hard coded in the .dll files since command line and killingfloor.ini changes have no effect on the max players allowed. Maybe I am missing something?

Upvote 0
What programming language is this game built upon? By sdk I got really excited hoping it was the source code so I could rebuild the server core files in C++ but it seems to be a simple map, model, sound editor?

I was hoping to increase the max player limit which i believe is hard coded in the .dll files since command line and killingfloor.ini changes have no effect on the max players allowed. Maybe I am missing something?

look into mutator creation tutorials for ut2004, with mutoatrs you can change playeramounts to over 100 players even.

Upvote 0

The SDK included the Unrealscript source code. You can do almost anything you want with this Unrealscript code (the original KF Mod was done entirely in Unrealscript). You'll need to look up tutorials on modding unreal games. They are all over the web, and there is a lot of helpful information in the RO modding section of the Tripwire forums.

Also, be aware, the game doesn't support over 6 players. You can go lower with ini settings, but not higher. You could create a mutator to allow more than six, just be aware that it will break a lot of things.

Upvote 0

Its allready been done a there was a server running last night with 50+ players:eek: check you tube for video.

Upvote 0